How often do you use therapy?

sportygirl89

Do you take breaks from it and go back for it? Or do you see a therapist consistently. I feel like at times I'll need it but other times not so much. Just thought it would be curious to see how often people see a therapist...especially consistently or not.

Stage5Clinger

I go every week because it's covered by my insurance and I'm not always a great judge on how off course I am. Even if I just go there and shrug my shoulders it's good to touch base. Even with nothing to say a little encouragement goes a long way. I also don't see a lot of people on a daily basis so a bit of friendliness goes a long way for me.

• Author
sportygirl89

I know its time for me to go since I've had so much frustration lately. Not that I'd do anything stupid. Just hate the feeling after frustration.

Right now I'm going pretty much every week or so, and have for about a year. Before this though, I hadn't gone in about 2.5 years. Sometimes you need it, sometimes you don't.

skydiveaddict
Do you take breaks from it and go back for it? Or do you see a therapist consistently. I feel like at times I'll need it but other times not so much. Just thought it would be curious to see how often people see a therapist...especially consistently or not.

Therapists are useless. If you're having trouble go to an M.D. They can prescribe meds that will help you.

I really don't think they are useless.

I don't have a reason to get medication, but I am going through major transitions in my life (career, relationship, immigration etc), so seeing a therapist once a week/every other week helps me to structure my thoughts, and avoid unnecessary anxiety/ i.e. I can focus my energy on more constructive things than being worried :)

Therapists are useless. If you're having trouble go to an M.D. They can prescribe meds that will help you.

This is some of the worst advice I've ever seen on here.

thefooloftheyear

There is nothing wrong with therapy, I do think though, that some people use therapy to carry them along instead of making the hard and necessary changes required to get clarity and move forward...

Talking about problems help...but actually doing something to enact change is what is necessary..

TFY

Contingent on life happenstance, I go when necessary.

Behavior modification is an ongoing task....

I do not downcast that field of help...its based moreso in being willing to work towards resolution and accepting some conditions and incorporating them into your life.....