Is there anything you want to do but are afraid to?

Nikki Sahagin

I want to start a pole fitness class but I'm scared. I'm in great shape but I am TERRIBLY unfit, bad balance, low stamina, poor co-ordination skills. I'm scared to embarrass myself but I really want to learn that grace and power.

I'm scared of giving presentations/public speaking and of confrontations.

Is there anything you want to do/be but are afraid of?

• Like 1

Sure. Mostly just thrill-seeking that falls somewhere on a spectrum of crazy. Riding a motorcycle on the highway at 160mph. Climbing a giant building like those crazy Russians. Being launched into space. Seeing a tornado up-close (although if I had the chance I might take it). Camping in Antarctica.

I suppose basically just life-threatening scenarios.

• Like 1

I'm not confident about travelling in overseas countries alone. I'll be in my 50s soon and would love to just do it.

I'm thinking if I started with a direct flight to a major city then saw a concert or something then I might gain the confidence.

I'd also like to go hang gliding. Not so much afraid just not put it as a priority. ...yet.

:-))

Lion Heart.

• Like 1

I've been wanting to go into running my own business full-time for a mother effing long time now. Here's to hoping 2015 is the year...

Going into space. I would make the worst space passenger ever due to my motion sickness (floating vomit!!!!), but man, would be amazing to look down on Earth from space.

• Like 3
loveweary11
I want to start a pole fitness class but I'm scared. I'm in great shape but I am TERRIBLY unfit, bad balance, low stamina, poor co-ordination skills. I'm scared to embarrass myself but I really want to learn that grace and power.

I'm scared of giving presentations/public speaking and of confrontations.

Is there anything you want to do/be but are afraid of?

Literally not scared of anything. Risk taker.

Are you wanting to personally teach pole dancing, as a challenge to yourself, or have you identified a market opportunity?

I ask because you can still open a pole dancing business... just don't be the instructor.

makemehappy

I'm scared of traveling alone. Everyone seems to do it nowadays, it makes me feel like I'm weird or a wuss, that I don't find this easy.

Tons of things. Quitting my job. Inviting people to do things. Going back to school. Starting my own business.

Public speaking is a good example, I blush! :o:D

So glad you reminded me because I've been meaning to do a course on it to learn to handle it better.

I am scared of things yes but I do try not to let that stop me from doing those things. If I think something is holding me back, I'll try to find a way around the issue. Might go the long way round but still do something. You don't want to live in a small world.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author
Nikki Sahagin
Literally not scared of anything. Risk taker.

Are you wanting to personally teach pole dancing, as a challenge to yourself, or have you identified a market opportunity?

I ask because you can still open a pole dancing business... just don't be the instructor.

I don't want to learn to pole dance. I want to learn pole fitness (exercise class for women...it is basically pole dance but more oriented around fitness than titillation) purely for fitness, strength, stamina and physical/sexual only empowerment just around other women...no sleazy strip clubs for me! :p

I want to travel more and explore.

I want to learn.

I want to get fitter and stronger.

I have a long list and could go on for ages!!!

I have learnt that there is no point standing still. Life can be whipped away in a second and you may as well just go for it.

Sod looking the fool. Sod looking silly. You are only going to get somewhere if you practice and keep trying!!