Hair transplant to keep my self-confidence and esteem?

I am going on 35, and going bald. Plus I haven't had many girlfriends, because I am shy and quiet. In other words, low self-confidence and esteem. I not bad looking either, in fact I get many compliments from women. People always think I am a lot younger too. But I have been losing my hair since 29, now it is noticeable but not to bad. I am losing it most on the front and temples.

I have been considering a hair transplant because I want to keep my good youthful look. Plus I think if I continue to lose it, my self-confidence and esteem will only get lower. :(

But I am afraid that what if it something goes wrong and it looks worst. Plus I would have to get another one too, once the other hairs fall out in the front. Top and back will stay its common in my family. And it would cost about $6000 per procedure ($12,000!!)

The technology is great now with hair transplant, I mean they don't look like a doll's head anymore. They do 1, 2, or 3 hairs at most now, called micro grafts. And they do follicular units, (one hair at time) for the hairline to look natural.

I know some women think bald men are sexy, if you have the right shape head for it. Mine is not big, but I do have somewhat of a big forehead.

One defense in this, is women get breast implants, which can lead to more self-confidence and esteem. So, should a man losing hair, get a hair transplant, for the same reason?

Or should I just suck it up and plan on shaving it bald in a few more years? Plus work on my self-confidence and esteem?

All comments are welcome!!!!

Bald men are sexy. I've dated two and both of them shaved their heads because they were going bald at a young age. A bald man seems more self-assured, more confident, and more comfortable with who they are. Go bald.

Originally posted by Pocky

Bald men are sexy. I've dated two and both of them shaved their heads because they were going bald at a young age. A bald man seems more self-assured, more confident, and more comfortable with who they are. Go bald.

Ok pocky.....that's another point for you! I just know we were meant for each other...hee hee.....just jokin'!!!

I agree. I had rocker hair growing up.....it was great and the ladies did like it. Now I have thinning hair and I don't hide it. In fact, I've considered going bald all the way....I'm not ashamed and I'm not saying that I don't have to look good for anybody anymore because I'm married. It's quite the opposite.

Let it go, don't worry what other people think, your opinion is the only one that matters.

are you cubeball? ;)

anyway. the hair isn't the problem. your perception of the hair, or lack of hair, is the problem.

lots of women are attracted to bald men.

lots of women don't care either way.

just avoid the women who do.

cut your hair close and start working on your confidence.

focus on the aspects of yourself you ARE happy with and start believing that hair or not, you've got an amazing amount to offer and that some lucky woman is in for the treat of a lifetime when she meets you. :)

now go get some!!!

• 1 month later...

Some thoughts on this...

The reason you're considering a transplant is you want to maintain/increase your self confidence. How confident will you feel when you're constantly worrying if people can tell or if the techs screw it up or whatever? You'll always be conscious of your transplant, and therefore always self conscious.

Let's say things don't go well, you start losing hair on other parts of your head or for whatever reason it doesn't look good at all. You might like to shave it bald but you will have (possibly severe) scarring from the transplant.

It's all about being able to feel confident. If your thinning hair affects your confidence, lose it. Just buzz it or shave it. Embracing baldness is much better than any attempt to cover it up.

read the transplant horror stories and about the men who are so much happier to be shaved.

As for me, I have a full head of hair, it's just goofy and dorky looking. Also it takes a lot of time in the morning to arrange just right (seriously, just letting it go natural looks ridiculous). I was always insecure about it, always checking it, avoiding certain situations. So one day I just buzzed and I've never looked back. It's worry and maintenance free (except buzzing it once a week), it's a better look for me and I feel way more confident. I can tell the confidence shows by the improved response I get from people since.