Alcoholic in the works?

I have noticed that whenever my anxiety/emotions/depression is onset I begin to crave an alcoholic beverage. When I'm drunk I'mmore open, my feelings are gone, and I feel it's the only chance where I can enjoy the moment without constantly overthinking everything. Now, with that being said the majority of the time i'm in a social setting, but just last week I started buying my own drinks for myself and for home. I attempted to drink two packs by myself. I try and make sure my medications don't mix as I'm prescribed to take them only in the morning...

It's the end of the semester and stress is now mixed into it all. I am currently a math tutor. Out of all my coworkers I have the least experience in tutoring someone but I love it so much and work hard. Not to mention, I just added another major (math based) and haven't taken a big math class in two years. I was rusty in some parts (later worked on and am fine) which prompted other students to not only tell other kids not to come to me, but report me to my boss. People leave when it's my shift or just don't come in. That or they come when I share a shift and only go towards the other person. They have a final coming up and I've been working on their study guide packet and writing down steps for them over the weekend because I really want to help and really want them to pass.

Because of all of this, and my constant thinking, and my job. I'm behind my grades are going to be low for the first time in my college career. This prompts me to believe I don't deserve to sleep or eat. It's all prompts me to believe I should quit my job and it all prompts me to believe that the one thing I thought I was good at, and that I love I am not. I cry in a bathroom stall every now and then after class because it's so overwhelming as well as at random moments..

I won't have a counselor for the break, so I'm wondering what I can do to control this.

Alcohol is a depressant - and yes, it numbs your feelings.

If you are concerned about yourself would it be better to stop all together?

Can you stop completely?

deathandtaxes

You're a depressed individual that will self-medicate with alcohol. Yes - you are an alcoholic in the works. I've known people like this and it's not pretty. If you don't get help now for your depression/anxiety and why it leads you to drink, you are setting yourself up for YEARS of trouble.

• Author
Alcohol is a depressant - and yes, it numbs your feelings.

If you are concerned about yourself would it be better to stop all together?

Can you stop completely?

Those thoughts do come across my mine but then when I'm around friends and I think about the feeling I tend to give in...

You're a depressed individual that will self-medicate with alcohol. Yes - you are an alcoholic in the works. I've known people like this and it's not pretty. If you don't get help now for your depression/anxiety and why it leads you to drink, you are setting yourself up for YEARS of trouble.

I have already been going through therapy...I'm going to tell them about it tomorrw...it's just something I recently discovered...but I feel this is something that is going to be hard to get out of.

Edited by Sunberry

Find an AA meeting in a bad part of town. This will open your eyes.

I've been sober for over six years. Too much of it white knuckled. It's free, the coffee is free and you will receive large scale validation.

Find an AA meeting in a bad part of town. This will open your eyes.

I've been sober for over six years. Too much of it white knuckled. It's free, the coffee is free and you will receive large scale validation.

I've been bad lately! Coming off a long binge after my breakup. I actually looked into an AA meeting the past weekend, it was held at a bar that my ex frequents. So, I guess I'll just drop it on my own. :rolleyes: at a bar!?!? An AA meeting? Is this real life? I'm sure there's more in town, but I just need to step away from the bartender/stores and know that.