Job Manager Says They'd Call?

I've heard managers tell me after the interview that "We'll call you on such and such day if you are chosen for hire". But other people have told me to call the managers anyway and ask them for the job? What should I do?

Today I was suppose to hear from the managers but its now 8PM and no phone call, the store doesn't close until 9PM should I call and ask what happened or what should I do?

Call tomorrow sometime in the afternoon. Just be like "hey, just checkin' up on the status." With my experience, you probably didn't get the job but you never know...sometimes, I guess, people do forget or they get side-tracked.

evanescentworld

If you don't hear from them, you didn't get the job. You said that yourself in your first post.

They know perfectly well who they have interviewed, and only one person will get the call.

If that's not you, they won't waste a phone-call on telling you 'no'. Why would they?

Don't call them.

There's no point.

You had the interview, they don't need reminding they rejected you.

Trust me. I know, I've been there.

On both sides of the table.

evanescentworld

I've applied for 87 jobs since June alone.

I met every single requirement in every job, otherwise I wouldn't have applied. I don't believe in applying for jobs I'm not matched to.

I received 6 replies; 3 phone interviews, one email and 2 F-2-F interviews.

Still looking.....