The worlds not such a bad place really is it!

As part of my personal development, this summer I've been doing much more exercise than usual. Mountain biking has become a serious hobby of mine. I must admit the exercising since my breakup at the end of last year has really made me feel so much more positive in general.

I fell good physically which is helping me mentally. I hardly ever spend an evening after work just sitting around doing nothing, even if I'm not on the bike I'm still active. Tonight whilst on a bike ride I had a sudden feeling of peace with the world. I know that sounds cheesy, but I did.

When out on my bike I see and speak to people. Most people are friendly and polite moving their dogs out of the way of the bike, other cyclists give an acknowledging nod as they ride past going the other way. Girls on horses are usually cheerful and smile or say thanks for slowing down. If I hadn't motived myself to get out and do this at the start of the summer, I'd be sitting at home not seeing or interacting with any of these people.

The sun has been shining a lot these past few months, and taking in the scenery whilst feeling myself getting fitter has been very enjoyable.

All of the above just kind of makes me think, the world really isn't such a bad place. A lot of people are cheery and polite and the country lanes are beautiful in the sunshine. There is a pond on one of my routes which has a lot of ducks living there, just spending a couple of minuets watching them go about their business is so peaceful.

I've had a go at a self defence course and I'll be starting a photoshop course at college soon, as well as joining a bike club. Seriously right now at this moment I really like my single life.

11 months ago I never thought I'd say that!

• Like 2

Hey

Thanks for your post. I'm only 10 weeks into a breakup after 8 years together and I think the loneliness and reality of what has happened is only starting to sink in now.

Your post has given me some hope on what has otherwise seemed like a fairly hopeless day. I really wish to feel as positive as you in the future.

• Like 1
  • Author
Hey

Thanks for your post. I'm only 10 weeks into a breakup after 8 years together and I think the loneliness and reality of what has happened is only starting to sink in now.

Your post has given me some hope on what has otherwise seemed like a fairly hopeless day. I really wish to feel as positive as you in the future.

This is exactly why I posted this thread. I know exactly how you feel, it's a very rough time that you're going through. You will go through many ups and downs from here on in, but if you believe in yourself and work on making your life as good as it can be for yourself you will get there.

I'm not 100% over what happened with my ex, but my outlook generally has come a long way! I'm pretty strong willed, which has been a blessing I guess.

Edited by True Gent

I was thinking this... I was actually starting to feel happier...

Then I discovered that a group of people in my local town are going round taking pictures of others doing every day stuff and posting them on Facebook with the sole intent of ridiculing them for what ever reason.

The people doing this are not your average pillocks... They are grown adults (cough cough) over 50, in responsible positions at work, carry out charity work etc...

I have deleted my Facebook account and stayed away from public places since. I intend to continue to stay away and stay in my little corner of the world. I feel empowered but not particularly happy.

The world is great and gorgeous but you will always have times when the yang counteracts the ying... Unfortunately its human beings that do that not the world itself.

So I plan to spend some time with people who are good and decent... Fight back with smiles so to speak.