Personal Journey or Improvement

Hey everyone,

I hope you don't mind if I do this here. Basically I'm going through a combination of trying to find myself and getting over someone so I thought I'd start a written record of it to keep myself going, doing this on a forum like this may help me to keep going and hopefully i'll be able to get the odd bit of advice and encouragement.

So, I'm about to head back to University soon, the next few weeks of not doing much are pretty tough as I'm also trying to get over someone who I care and feel very strongly for, having a lot of free time is not ideal. So basically I'm going to use the time to figure some things out about myself before the work piles on.

In terms of the break up, I'm ok, I actually am, my break up from last year sent me to crazy land but it taught me we can get over anything. I miss him, I miss what we had and the possibility and the fun. It's going to be hard heading to uni as the memories and the fun we had is all there and i'll be doing all the same things just without him.

I want to find myself though, I don't feel confident. It's not that I think I'm unattractive, people always compliment me and I'm confident that I'm visually appealing in terms of today's society, and yet I feel this desire to look more like ME. I want to feel unusual and not worry about being 'pretty', to just be true to me. I figured out that if I don't use conditioner my hair tries wavy/curly, something it always did when wet but i could never figure out why it straightened a little when dry, so as silly as it sounds, i feel like that is a step in being a bit more me.

Ah I don't know, I feel free now that I'm single, like a weight has been lifted off. I'm juts worried I'll meet someone when I head back to uni and get too emotionally involved again. How on earth do I stop that from happening without closing myself off? I wish I could live in the moment one day at a time, to be positive and happy.

emma -- not sure if it is possible

You are human so guess what people will be looking and winking -- and just dreaming of you as you walk by --- and as a human you will be doing the same --- heck with feeling sorry / down -- pick your chin up -- hope and try to make the right call -- and move forward ---ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- and keep up with the post you started

As stated, take it a day at a time. Certain people take very polarized approaches and either jump right into another relationship or build a fortress around them isolating themselves from the world. Focus on what truly matters and prioritize your goals in life. You took a very strong emotional blow to the point that it affected your confidence, this is completely normal, in time and with much effort set forth your behalf you'll start to feel confident and stronger as days go by.

I think you're making the right decision by taking this time to get to know yourself again. No need to rush this journey, take as much time as you need to truly accomplish this goal.

I like to think that I'm emotionally unavailable at this point, and as much as I would like to have someone to share my life with, it just wouldn't be fair for the other person, whomever that may be in the future.

Pace yourself, you are in this for the long run.