After years and years of struggle with ADD, and slacking in college, I'm now starting to come out of my ADD cave and be calm in my head again.

Was it because of the 5 therapists/psychologists that tried to treat me during this time? NO, they all failed and bored the heck out of me.

Was it because of their good diagnoses and treatment programs? NO. I truly dislike all therapists because of my failed experiences. I found them all inadequate and the treatment programs they offered too easy to not figure out on beforehand.

Was it medicine? NO. I refused to start on medication, after reading all the side effects of it...jesus my health is important to me so please no side effects for me. When I read those effects they scared the crap out of me.

So after years and years of searching and browsing through websites I was starting to gt a little desperate. I had tried everything, every conventional thing they tell you to do/change in your life to deal best with your AD(H)D. Regular schedules etc et blabla.

At first I found something online that is called LTO3. I got excited but then after reading some reviews I was like nah...I don't know what's exactly in this, why would I take this if nothing is known about its contents. I mean just because 3 or 4 moms (no offense moms) are giving this drug successfully to their ADD son/daughter, doesn't mean I will do it. I'm a person that needs scientific evidence to back things up. Yep also a bit paranoid.

Sooooo I found that the key ingredient of this so called natural cure was L-Theanine. An element which is naturally found in green tea. But you have to like drink 20 cups of it to get the needed mg's.

Guys...bought it, started using it and for the first time in my life, I sit down and study for more than an hour at once.

- no more fiddling

- no more tossing turning, standing up, cleaning the house meanwhile, chatting with people hence, no more usual add-like; 1000 things going on while ''studying

- I just sit and study..

BUT also, in my head I dont have 10 lines open at the same time anymore. I just focus on 1 thing and the rest of my mind is empty. This is SO new to me!!! I thought it was normal for everyone to be thinking about a zillion things at the same time, so now I catch myself telling my mom that ''wow it's quiet in my head''!!!

Does it have the same effects as my friends tell me that regular add medicine do? No. No miracles as in 5 hours of studying at once, BUT a calmer person, clear mind and much much more focus...

I do find it expensive, but I'm sooo happy that I found something natural that works for me...especially after so many therapists failing on me:confused:...

So I wanted to share this, as I know there are many like me out there struggling with add, lowzy therapists, and comorbidities because of non-treatment.

Best of luck and please share your experiences with me! I'm curious about what helped you, or someone you know to help with their ad(h)d!

Ps. My co-morbidity was social anxiety, and I sh*t you no, this stuff made it disappear.

• Like 4

I believe most health conditions can be solved with proper nutrition, whether it be food or supplements. I must have a touch of ADD myself because I will stop and start things or go into one room to get or do something then while I'm there find something else to get or do and forget what I originally needed. I drink green tea, maybe three cups, by lunchtime and then stop because caffeine keeps me awake.

You can find cheaper green tea at Big Lots. There is a brand called Prince of Peace and has about 100 tea bags. Also Marshall's has cheaper green tea. Trader Joe's is another resource. It's very good for your entire body.

So happy you found something that works for you. Maybe that is why the Chinese are a lot smarter than Americans! :laugh:

• Author

Hi FitChick!

I actually meant the supplements of the element that is naturally in green tea lol.. the L-theanine...

Weirdly when I drink green tea, it makes me nauseous :S so I stopped doing that!

Appearently, L-theanine is the component that gives green tea its umami taste! weird huhh

And yes, I too think that a lot of problems can be solved in natural ways! Way too many people rely on medical care alone...

We should not forget that medicine are always discovered from natural components first, and then recreated in laboratories!

learning_slowly

So happy you found something that works for you. Maybe that is why the Chinese are a lot smarter than Americans! :laugh:

I'm not American, but I don't think the Chinese are necessarily smarter. However, it has been found recently that they have a gene where they work for the whole rather than being selfish.

Although usually stereotypes are far from the truth. In my experience with Chinese PhDs students, they are very hard working but lack the ability to think up fresh ideas. But that is probably my experience only and next door could be completely different.

• Author

What I see in my uni is that Chinese students have iron discipline..

I wish I had some of that because WOW

I'm so happy guys... for the first time in my life I sat through all my finals without getting ''sick'' or oversleeping for any of them..

With the last one, I did have the feeling like, you knoww maybe I shouldn't go..but then I was like NO, STFU stdy and go.

:DDD