Where have my passions in life gone

I feel like since my breakup, I've lost the passions I once had in life.

If 6-months ago you'd asked me what I loved in life I would have told you I was highly motivated running my own company, I loved going to the gym, I loved eating healthy, I loved travelling. It seems I've lost an interest in all of these. Either this breakup really has caused me to reevaluate what I enjoy, or this stage is just temporary...

Anyone else experienced similar?

Yeah, when I was depressed. Maybe you should evaluate your emotional state and go from there?

• Like 1

It's a stage of going through a breakup. Often we lose interest in what we once loved due to our depression and energy focused on the breakup. You're not alone.

It takes time and new experiences to heal.

How long were you together? Did you often do these activities with them? Do you still keep in contact? (It's difficult, if not impossible, to stay friends with someone right after a break up if you still have feelings for them) Are there other interests that you haven't delved into? Maybe it's time you do, just for you.

• Like 1

Been there, done that. I was with my ex wife for 13 years total, 4 dating and 9 married. It's strange, what I loved to do then, I have little interest in now.

My life, my passions, my interests, my hobbies, even my circle of friends have changed, expanded I think is a better word.

Hang in there man, it will get better. Get out and try some new things. I did.

littleplanet

Continue doing all those things that were important to you.

It's fine to build a good life around a partnership.

But a good life is the life you are living. Emphasis on 'you.'

The more you do that......2 really good things could happen.

You'll feel better about yourself, and your own ability to find a true inner strength.

And also, one fine day, sometime in your future, someone else will notice this.......

and be attracted.

(And if you're attracted back? - well, you know what happens then.)

It's perfectly normal to lose that appetite for zest after you lose someone you really care about - someone you didn't want to lose.

Give yourself a break, take some time to work through it.

Stay engaged......don't disconnect.

Singularity and solitude can be awful bad bedfellows, when indulged in overmuch.

You can ponder and re-evaluate all you want, or need to. That's fine.

Life constantly re-defines itself, and new perspectives emerge.

How you're feeling today isn't how you're always going to feel.

The things you truly love (and for good reasons!) don't need to go away.

She went away. Big difference.

Not having that someone to love anymore - doesn't mean you are suddenly incapable of loving.

Time - space- distance......heals. (Otherwise most of us would be such walking wounded we could hardly stand up.)

• Like 1