New lifestyle change!

Always Pondering

Hello :),

I have recently decided (in the past two weeks) that I wish to quit playing video games altogether. When I was a little kid I loved playing games and it was great. The reason I made this decision though is because I am growing older with more responsibilities and when I spend too much time playing games I feel unproductive and I feel I am not getting anywhere. It also interfered with my last relationship somewhat so I am trying to prevent this happening in a future one. I do understand video games are meant for fun but I feel this is a necessary step in my life.

I am selling my rig (around $1200) because I feel I do not need it anymore. I have my laptop for work and other things and will only occasionally, casually play a game with my friends very rarely that don't take up too much time.

My question is: Who has been addicted (I wouldn't call myself addicted but spent a great deal of my time on games) and tried quitting cold turkey before? What has been the hardest obstacle you faced, what do you do if you get the urge to play more than a rare amount, any tips, and what was the best thing you gained from making this lifestyle change?