How to express your own happiness, without upsetting others, who are struggling?

How do you handle a situation, with sensitivity and tact, when it involves you dealing with someone who's life is currently not going anywhere near as well as yours?

Do you talk little about your own excitement and happiness, even though you'd love to share your feelings with this person? This would place a sort of barrier between you, and prevent open communication and discussion..but could be the most sensitive way to go.

I am bursting with excitement about the plans before me right now...including lots of travel, and marriage.

I want to share it with those close to me, including my family...but I don't want to make them feel bad, because they can't /don't have what I have right now, and they (specifically my mum) are going through a bit of a rough trot. I've always been so open and shared all things, good and bad...that it will take practice for me to tone it down a bit, if that is what's needed.

I haven't always had an easy run ...and right now things have just come together. I'm sure more challenges and hurdles await me around the bend too.

I think, as a mother, I would love to hear that my daughter is doing well and is so happy. This would make me feel better, to know that I have a happy daughter, like I have done my job as a mother well.

Be sensitive to how your mother is feeling, don't start gushing about everything when she is obviously upset. But yes, definitely share with her.