new shoes are causing alot of pain in foot and leg

I bought these new shoes for work and I love them cause they bring my height up about 2 inches.I noticed these shoes are causing aching pain in my foot and leg.Is this normal?

Patty

bluechocolate

You should never wear shoes like that in a job where you're on your feet all day. Pain is usually an good indicator that something is wrong.

• Author

I wish I didnt have to wear them but only black shoes are allowed where I work.

Patty

befuddled11

Well, okay, so you have to wear black shoes at work, that's not a big deal...but it doesn't mean you have to continue wearing shoes that hurt your feet and legs...that's just silly. Either your shoes don't fit your properly and weren't the right size or style for the shape of your foot.....or else they're not a proper type of shoe to wear in a job where you're on your feet all day. You mentioned they made you 2 inches taller. Do they have a heel on them? For people working on their feet all day, they should wear something with good support, with NO heel. Some people even wear black running-shoe type shoes..which you can even find at a place like Walmart, pretty affordable.

No sense continuing to wear these shoes if they're causing you pain.

How many times have you worn them? Sometimes shoes need to be "broken in".....to sort of stretch out a bit and conform to the shape of a person's foot.......try wearing them at home, around the house for a couple hours a day..to see if that helps break them in....but if not, don't wear them. Wearing poorly-fitting shoes can cause you a lot of grief down the road......fallen arches, bunions, hammertoes........back pain, etc.

AfriendAllie

Patty,

It is normal. In fact many women that wear heels find that their feet hurt. Aside from their peds, heels can cause strain on the knee and back.

It's ironic that you brought that up. I have had a massive foot fetish since I was 5. I was somewhat hesitant to bring that up but not anymore.