Dieting challenge - 30d at least

Just after the holidays it's damn depressing, when you notice that gut, fight to not notice that gut, finally decide to notice that gut, and weigh yourself to see how big that gut is.

Just weighed myself, standing at a lovely 130kg [286 pounds], where 100kg [220 pounds] is close to my ideal.

This is after dropping from 160kg [352 pounds] to 115kg [253 pounds] in a little over 1yr with small life changes [no dieting].

This time i decided to get back into dieting. I doubt i will break my record of 9yrs ago [35 pounds in one month], but i hope to get really close to it.

My diet will look something like this.

Morning :

8 AM - pills, 25min later the protein shake with milk

Afternoon [6hs later] :

2 PM - pills, 25min later the protein shake with milk

Evening [6hs later] :

8 PM - pills, 25min later dinner

When it comes to eating healthy stuff i still remember some principles :

- chicken meat [or any other meat with no fat] grilled

- do not combine animal proteins [say cheese and meat]

- limit the carbohydrates, but do not eliminate them [did that once, couldn't stand up in the morning]

- in between meals i can have quick snacks only if said snack is a fruit [like a banana or something like that]

I need to keep this diet for at least 30days to show some serious improvement [20-35 pounds lost], and probably another 1-2 months later for steady improvement to get to the targeted weight [knowing my body i could lose those 66 pounds in 3 months].

Right now i feel locked in by my present weight because :

- i can't really exercise at home

- i can't go to the gym [too embarassed by the beautifull ppl ... **** the beautifull ppl]

- i can't use my bike [bicicle] because my weight means any bumps in the road will slash the tires [even though i love riding bikes]

- i sleep too much, and when i sleep less than normal i become a zombi in a few days

- i don't dress in an attractive way; never did. In fact knowing how i dress, and considering my weight it is quite odd that i am such a charming bastard. I have often been told that if i dress better and lose some weight i would have way more success.

Still, i resisted a lot, mostly because of laziness and stubberness.

Right now, i couldn't dress in an attractive way even if i wanted because it would be prohibitively expensive.

The height and weight averages for my country are below those of the western world.

- i want to go back into swimming, and now there are many gyms in the city who have swimming pools [i had to go to a state owned competition one when i was 12].

Swimming was the only sport that helped me maintain myself without any other exercise and even helped me lose weight.

I am a bit embarassed to go to the gym looking the way i am looking right now. :(

In a way i know what awaits me ...

- first 3 days will be hell as i sometimes medicate with food [bulimic] and i kick my Pepsi addiction

- i'll start losing weight at the 6-7day mark, quite a lot too.

- if i give in to ... anything, i am scre*wed, because i will simply revert back to my old ways

- if i can hold it for 21d or more, i still must not put my guard down, but it will be much easier from then on

PS: I really want to get to the point where i can tuck my shirt in my pants and not look like a bowling pin. :(

• Like 3
Million.to.1

You can do it!!

try no carbs after 4pm too. EARLY dinner.

Also pineapple is great fat metabolizer. Have a piece or a small amount of juice in water everyday.

Good luck! :)

• Like 1
  • Author

Unfortunately, i have to keep that distance between meals ... as it's part of the diet itself.

I have kept the diet many times before, and i know it works quite well.

What was a problem, was my lack of motivation.

Picturing how my buns will look in speedo's once i lose the weight is a pretty good motivation though.

I do have quite a beautifull ass and legs. :)

---

Some other stuff i know i will need :

- vitamin C suplements [i want to avoid the cold and it is also used as fuel by the immune system to fight infections]

- lecitine [exam session coming up in 2 weeks]

- Chromium suplements [cuts the craving for sweets and starch; starch is metabolised as sugar in the human body]

- to place the remaining soda in the basement; i'm too lazy to go down there

• Like 2

me, too :(

• Author
You can do it!!

try no carbs after 4pm too. EARLY dinner.

Also pineapple is great fat metabolizer. Have a piece or a small amount of juice in water everyday.

Good luck! :)

I never tried that no-carbs after 4pm thing.

I could use oats in my morning shake for my carbs intake, as they take longer to get into the system ... insted of getting a huge rush early on. This followed by a dinner at 6pm with stuff easy to digest.

I actually love pineapple. I bought one once and just took slices off the top every so often.

I could use it for snacks in between meals.

PS: I also need to get some general multivitamin suplements.

• Like 1
Million.to.1

Eating 6 small meals is not necessarily "the way"

Read up on Intermittent Fasting. There is plenty of research that supports that way of eating. Works for me.

• Like 2
  • Author

I actually did the whole 'small meals' thing and kept a journal to maintain a cap on my daily intake.

It turned out pretty ok for maintaining or even slowly losing weight.

However, i have a deadline.

6months to get into shape for the summer, feel good about myself, and see how it improves my relationship succes [not just romantic relationships].

me, too :(

We can do this !!!

I'll race you to the often seen picture with the oversize pants and the subsequent pictures that show off nice asses !

PS: The only diet i have done that worked better than this one on me, has been the Hopkins diet [i think it's called that], where i lost 13kg in just 3 weeks.

• Like 1
We can do this !!!

I'll race you to the often seen picture with the oversize pants and the subsequent pictures that show off nice asses !

PS: The only diet i have done that worked better than this one has been the Hopkins diet [i think it's called that], where i lost 13kg in just 3 weeks.

progress pics? :confused:

i might look into doing the GM diet first

GM Diet | General Motors Diet Plan, Reviews and Tips

• Like 1
Unfortunately, i have to keep that distance between meals ... as it's part of the diet itself.

The fact that your weight is going up and down means this diet isn't working. A healthy diet doesn't require any extreme motivation or dedication. If you're struggling with your weight, you need to change how you eat. That's what 'diet' really means.

Start with the basics: NO processed foods. NO Pop. NO sugar. Those are basic and non-negotiable.

Eat real food. Protein shakes are for GAINING weight, not losing it.

Don't eat at night. Your last bite of food should be 4-5 hours before bed. If you eat at night, you will not lose weight.

You don't lose weight by exercise. Anyone who tells you differently is either lying or misinformed. Exercise is for strengthening you muscles; diet is for losing or gain weight.

Then you can experiment with the various types of nutritional ideas out there -- low fat, low carb, Zone -- and see what works best for you. Two things that all rational diets have in common are (1) no processed foods and (2) lots of frutis & veggies. Beyond that you can experiment with different ratios of protein, carbs and fats and see what makes you feel healthy. That's going to depend on your genetics, age, activity level, etc. and will be different for every person. There is no such thing as a perfect diet; there is only the perfect diet for you.

Good luck!!!

• Like 2
Is this a parody site? If the GM diet is as good as their cars, it should make you both sick and fat! :laugh:

weird name for a diet, weird program for a company :D i've tried it in June, after the 'diet' it made me crave for food less. i know it's a fad diet. i just dont know where to start really.

but because of the holidays, i had something to blame my weight gain on :D

i'll try eating clean again :)

• Like 1
  • Author
The fact that your weight is going up and down means this diet isn't working. A healthy diet doesn't require any extreme motivation or dedication. If you're struggling with your weight, you need to change how you eat. That's what 'diet' really means.

Look, i don't want to be mean, but you are assuming a lot about me, so i guess i should provide some more info.

I started my first diet when i was 1yr old, staid on it for 3yrs because my intestines were not developed [retarded], and i could only eat glucose [weighed to a fraction of a gram] and carrots.

Since i was 7 i had metabolic issues, had to exercise just to stay in shape.

At 13 i simply had enough and refused to go back there, i was done living my life according to crap like this.

I was overweight untill the end of HS, the fact that even with exercise from school to end of HS i was the target of verbal and physical abuse because i was the 1 [one] fat kid in my entire yr did not help, and contributed to my decision at 13.

Untill i was 28 i simply packed on the pounds through a somewhat sedentary lifestyle, though i did a couple of diets from time to time.

That doesn't mean that i drive everywhere or that i eat everything in sight.

I eat when i'm stressed, i drink soda instead of water generally but compensated by eating less overall.

Start with the basics: NO processed foods. NO Pop. NO sugar. Those are basic and non-negotiable.

Eat real food. Protein shakes are for GAINING weight, not losing it.

I don't want to go into detail here, because i don't want it to be interpreted as a sales pitch, but i know what i'm doing, if you want we can take this over the PM.

Don't eat at night. Your last bite of food should be 4-5 hours before bed. If you eat at night, you will not lose weight.

You don't lose weight by exercise. Anyone who tells you differently is either lying or misinformed. Exercise is for strengthening you muscles; diet is for losing or gain weight.

Debatable, it depends on exercise.

Then you can experiment with the various types of nutritional ideas out there -- low fat, low carb, Zone -- and see what works best for you. Two things that all rational diets have in common are (1) no processed foods and (2) lots of frutis & veggies. Beyond that you can experiment with different ratios of protein, carbs and fats and see what makes you feel healthy. That's going to depend on your genetics, age, activity level, etc. and will be different for every person. There is no such thing as a perfect diet; there is only the perfect diet for you.

Good luck!!!

What i was saying really.

Thanks, i know it will work.

• Like 1
Eating 6 small meals is not necessarily "the way"

Read up on Intermittent Fasting. There is plenty of research that supports that way of eating. Works for me.

i was always under the impression that eating more often speeds up your mentabolism though? you're body has more work to do more often to digest your food, etc.

I need to keep this diet for at least 30days to show some serious improvement [20-35 pounds lost],

I personally think this is too much weight loss in too short of a time. A pound-a-day is unhealthy even for the morbidly obese.

Also, while I applaud you for kick-starting a diet program with meal-replacement shakes, I don't believe it is a long-term solution.

I have gained and lost and gained a hundred pounds several times in my life. Yes, one can lose by meal-replacement shakes, but it is not a long-term solution.

The rest of your plan is a better one; low-fat proteins, less carbs, smaller portions. If you plan a weight loss more slowly and effectively as a LIFE CHANGE, then you will keep the weight off.

This is coming from the horse's mouth in that I lost fifty pounds last year with this technique, but - sadly - gained 40 of it back by not living by my own rules; I re-introduced carbs and fattier meals (ah, the joys of a happy relationship) and will be re-starting my own weight loss program again this week.

For me:

• Minimal carbs once a week (maybe rice with sushi or a rare piece of toast with breakfast).
  • Limited fruits (too much sugar)
  • Fish three to four times a week and beef only once a week (maybe)
  • DAILY cruciferous vegetables; chard frittata, brussels sprouts in salads, etc...
  • Tea instead of coffee (I can drink tea without cream and sugar)
  • Less milk and more water

• Like 1
  • Author

If you drink coffee because you have a coffeine need, you could go for a tea with strong teine presence [close relative of coffeine with similar influence on the body].

Over here there is a big industry for tea [natural stuff too], so you can get stuff pretty cheap and there are dedicated shops for it ... i'm gonna visit one tomorrow and see what they recommend [i need lecitine and vitamins anyway].

I know it can be bad for you to lose too much too fast, and i agree with you ... it is not a long term solution.

Tbh, this is my standard rate of losing weight.

When i did the Hopkins diet [lots of unprocessed raw foods, no fats, meat on the grill with no spices or salt], i lost at an even faster rate.

I don't know, for me the first month is always a massive loss.

The plan is to replace 2 meals a day with shakes initially, and then in the future to go for 1 meal replaced with shake and 2 normal meals [but still controlled in terms of what i eat]. My mother actually maintained herself on the latter for yrs.

Unfortunately, untill i reach about 110kg [242 pounds], i can't really exercise.

I know my body and i can't even do push-ups, my bike ends up in the shop within 1h of using it and i really am ashamed of going swimming [weight and gynecomastia provokes some stares].

If i manage to get to 'exercise weight', i can use the above to stay in shape, walk more [i actually like walking ... it tends to clear my mind and as an introvert it is considered 'me' time].

For the carbs thing, i recommend oats seeds in yougurt or even milk. It takes longer to get into the bloodstream and it's a steady fix instead of a massive hit like others are.

---

I forgot to add, i'm starting tomorrow, will post daily updates.

Edited by Radu
Just after the holidays it's damn depressing, when you notice that gut, fight to not notice that gut, finally decide to notice that gut, and weigh yourself to see how big that gut is.

Just weighed myself, standing at a lovely 130kg [286 pounds], where 100kg [220 pounds] is close to my ideal.

This is after dropping from 160kg [352 pounds] to 115kg [253 pounds] in a little over 1yr with small life changes [no dieting].

This time i decided to get back into dieting. I doubt i will break my record of 9yrs ago [35 pounds in one month], but i hope to get really close to it.

My diet will look something like this.

Morning :

8 AM - pills, 25min later the protein shake with milk

Afternoon [6hs later] :

2 PM - pills, 25min later the protein shake with milk

Evening [6hs later] :

8 PM - pills, 25min later dinner

When it comes to eating healthy stuff i still remember some principles :

- chicken meat [or any other meat with no fat] grilled

- do not combine animal proteins [say cheese and meat]

- limit the carbohydrates, but do not eliminate them [did that once, couldn't stand up in the morning]

- in between meals i can have quick snacks only if said snack is a fruit [like a banana or something like that]

I need to keep this diet for at least 30days to show some serious improvement [20-35 pounds lost], and probably another 1-2 months later for steady improvement to get to the targeted weight [knowing my body i could lose those 66 pounds in 3 months].

Right now i feel locked in by my present weight because :

- i can't really exercise at home

- i can't go to the gym [too embarassed by the beautifull ppl ... **** the beautifull ppl]

- i can't use my bike [bicicle] because my weight means any bumps in the road will slash the tires [even though i love riding bikes]

- i sleep too much, and when i sleep less than normal i become a zombi in a few days

- i don't dress in an attractive way; never did. In fact knowing how i dress, and considering my weight it is quite odd that i am such a charming bastard. I have often been told that if i dress better and lose some weight i would have way more success.

Still, i resisted a lot, mostly because of laziness and stubberness.

Right now, i couldn't dress in an attractive way even if i wanted because it would be prohibitively expensive.

The height and weight averages for my country are below those of the western world.

- i want to go back into swimming, and now there are many gyms in the city who have swimming pools [i had to go to a state owned competition one when i was 12].

Swimming was the only sport that helped me maintain myself without any other exercise and even helped me lose weight.

I am a bit embarassed to go to the gym looking the way i am looking right now. :(

In a way i know what awaits me ...

- first 3 days will be hell as i sometimes medicate with food [bulimic] and i kick my Pepsi addiction

- i'll start losing weight at the 6-7day mark, quite a lot too.

- if i give in to ... anything, i am scre*wed, because i will simply revert back to my old ways

- if i can hold it for 21d or more, i still must not put my guard down, but it will be much easier from then on

PS: I really want to get to the point where i can tuck my shirt in my pants and not look like a bowling pin. :(

No offence, but you're really going end up killing yourself with this routine. You've got the perfect prescription for a very early death here. No man your size should restrict calories in the way you've got planned. You will lose weight, but it will be as much lean tissue as it is fat ...and you will gain it back...and you will destroy your pancreas, your heart, your liver, and your kidneys. I know you think this is the way to improve yourself, but this is just a huge nightmare in the making.

Instead of finding excuses for why you can't move, figure out ways to sneak activity into your day some way and seriously think about what it is you're trying to accomplish here. Start working on your relationship with food. It shouldn't be this complicated. Food is supposed to nourish you, not be your lover or your enemy. These stupid "diets" just mess with your head and destroy your body.

You are totally in the right in wanting to take control of your physical being, but you need to make it about your health, not your weight. If you can do the former, the latter will automatically fall into place.

• Like 1
  • Author

I actually appreciate your post monica because you did mention in another thread that you are in the health lifestyle, and i have a similar person in my extended family [mom's cousin went vegan 30yrs ago because of serious medical issues and she is in amazing shape].

However, it would appreciative if ppl just came to a consensus.

Some say that exercising is bad for losing weight [in certain ways], others say it is the way to go, there will always be ppl who pick at something, as i have been only on the defensive in this thread.

Only explaining myself, giving an account of myself.

This was supposed to be a damn journal of sorts.

I want some damn encouragement, some 'we are rooting for you Radu !' and not having to explain myself to every user of this forum.

This is starting to look like one of TP's threads, and it's not even about the damn Democrats.

Encouragements ... pat me on the back damn it !

Edited by Radu

Keep on keeping on, buddy. It seems to me that everyone who does attain a weight they're happy with goes through many different processes until they find the right one for them. I believe that "process of processes" is somehow necessary. You're trying, which is the most important thing. Try something, learn from it, adjust, rinse and repeat.

I've found taking a course of probiotics, reducing processed foods, increasing veggies and fruit (and using herbs and spices to make them not so dull), generally avoiding beige food and looking to get a nice mix of colours on the plate instead works really well for me.

Keep us updated.

• Like 1
  • Author

Ok, i calculated i need about 2400 calories / day, as i have a very sedentary lifestyle.

Minus 600 calories for weight loss, it means i need about 1800 calories. If i go below 1000 calories, i know the body starts to 'devour' itself, and stops from losing fat [retains fat and sacrifices muscle mass].

My shakes are recommended to be with 250ml of milk and 26g of powder, which have 265 calories.

I want to up them to about 400 calories each [because i'm big], so i'll do them with 500ml of 3.7% fat milk [what i have on hand really].

That still leaves 1000 calories for the main meal and snacks [fruit].

Anyone know how much nutritional value the following have :

- average pear

- slice of white bread

- average banana

- pineapple

- various veggies like carrots

I actually appreciate your post monica because you did mention in another thread that you are in the health lifestyle, and i have a similar person in my extended family [mom's cousin went vegan 30yrs ago because of serious medical issues and she is in amazing shape].

However, it would appreciative if ppl just came to a consensus.

Some say that exercising is bad for losing weight [in certain ways], others say it is the way to go, there will always be ppl who pick at something, as i have been only on the defensive in this thread.

Only explaining myself, giving an account of myself.

This was supposed to be a damn journal of sorts.

I want some damn encouragement, some 'we are rooting for you Radu !' and not having to explain myself to every user of this forum.

This is starting to look like one of TP's threads, and it's not even about the damn Democrats.

Encouragements ... pat me on the back damn it !

Many, many big pats on the back coming your way! As I said, I think it's terrific that you're taking charge of your body. Just remember it's the only one you get. If you wreck it, it's a long and hard road back, if you get that opportunity at all.

Exercise is an absolute must. Anyone who tells you otherwise is doing you a major disservice. If you look across this board, you'll see the healthiest posters are all involved in some sort of physical activity. The activities may differ, but we all "do" something. Diet is only one component in a healthy lifestyle, activity is just as important. You owe it to yourself to be as healthy as you can be. As you already know, it's not just about looking better. It's about feeling better about yourself. It's about being strong and able to face challenges in a positive manner. Cleaning up your diet will only get you so far. Real, long-term life changes that involve setting realistic small goals on the way to achieving large ones will make you feel far better about yourself than any 30-day-challenge or anything anyone here could say to you.

I hope this year marks the beginning of a turning point for you. Everyone deserves good health. :)

• Like 3
  • Author

I'm writing this as i know i will be reading it in the future.

All my life i've heard ppl say 'wow, he's so smart ... if only'.

When i was 13 that if only came from adults in regards to school [which i hated because of abuse], and from my peers [which were the ones abusing me because i was different ... fat; the only fat kid in my yr].

I did Judo and Medical Gymnastics [a new thing back then].

Finally i said '**** it' and adopted my attitude, i adopted a sarcastic, cinic, self-deprecating outlook on life. I now know it was about finding an alternate route to being accepted, and to build a defense mechanism.

I should have kept on it [exercising], as i had tons of opportunities in HS, it's just that i never expected anything good to happen so i never acted on them ... i now know it was a defensive mechanism. The one time i almost acted on it, i found out right before that it was a trap by an attention whore of a girl [ironically the one i consider my prototype in terms of attraction in women].

When i was 17 i joined a gym by a very big name in body-building in eastern europe, a hungarian-romanian journalist ... i forgot his name, but my respect for him went out the window when he tried to push steroids on me and my friends from school.

Still, because of my abnormal body [fat deposits on belly and upper arms only], i was actually pretty competitive with some dedicated bodybuilders in that gym. There was this machine where you sit at a 45% angle and you push with your feet a platform with weights on it. I could do without a belt a set of 12 with 150kg, and i'm sure i could have done more. The only one who beat it was this short stocky guy who was into BB [bodybuilding], for many yrs and had a profesional belt too [to support spine]. I think i only went about 10 times to that gym.

In college i did the dieting thing, and i went back to very little extra fat. I just remembered that i did have some succes immediately ... how the hell did i block that as a memory ???

Then i slowly went downhill up to about 28.

Started losing weight then, and i lost about 40kg untill now.

Mostly because i had other things on my mind, i forgot to eat ... less emphasis on junk stuff.

I did my blood work 6months ago. I am in better health than my doctor, who was pretty sure i was a starting diabetic; this is even though he was in good shape all his life and is just 2yrs older than me [HA].

For the last 2yrs i have worked to pull myself up socially, and have become more presentable, i know i do have charisma IRL and many times i have amazed ppl when i open my mouth.

And i still hear 'if only ...'. A few months ago i saw this study in Israel that attractive young males [single] have the best chances of landing a job, since HR departments are mostly female.

Hell, i'm at law school now and most judges are female.

I'm quite tired of having to open my mouth and to start my work there on shattering realities [prove worth], to be taken seriously.

I see how others who are for lack of a better phrasing 'dumb f*cks', and know less, do better just because they are in somewhat shape.

My motivation is not about staying in shape or getting in shape.

I simply am tired to be considered less, i am tired of feeling ashamed for my body, i am tired of feeling shame for my fat and not going to the beach [i haven't went to the beach in 8yrs; the gynecomastia alone doesn't bother me ... it didn't bother me in my last relationships], i am tired of losing hs everyday for extra sleep, and quite frankly ... I WANT BETTER LOOKING BABES.

Because i deserve it.

And the extra stamina in bed doesn't hurt either.

I'm actually filled with hatred and determination right now ... not motivation.

But i guess that is just as good ... for now.

Ok, maybe my motivation also comes in some small regard from another source.

2yrs ago i was at a wedding. My mom's cousin came with her husband [she is health nut, he is PHD professor in philosophy with published works]. She is 60 and danced the night fully, outdanced every young couple. The women looked at her in awe. Black leather boots to knees, knitted dress tight on body. Very seductive dancing towards the end.

Turns out it was also his bday and she was seducing him ... i am jealous thinking at what they did that night.

As they were leaving i went to her and i actually said i envied her stamina.

Apparently at 30 she ended up with serious medical problems. She came half-death to the hospital and an eminent nutritionist gave her a vegan diet that she followed religiously for the last 30yrs.

All i know is that i want a girl with her stamina and looks, and i want her stamina at 60.

I guess in the end those PUA bastards were right in being obsessed with losing weight, it does make a huge difference in how you are perceived in society ... weather you like it or not, and for me it has to be the next step.

• Like 2
Eternal Sunshine

Why not do some simple exercise like going for walks every day?

Look up some toning/muscle building exercises that you can do at home and do them few times a week - they don't take long. This will help to ensure that most of your weight loss comes from fat.

Chromium never stops my craving for starch and sugar. I am a carboholic. The only sensible diet, and it's not really a diet, is to count calories. I don't believe in restrictions because then I will become obsessed. If I keep my calories at an average of 1800 a week I will slowly lose weight.

I use Fitday software to log all of my food and workouts. There are better programs out there and many free ones online. Google it! Most people have no clue what they are eating so it helps to see it in black and white on the screen.

I've got to lose three pounds but there are still plenty of Christmas goodies on sale at the supermarkets, dammit!

• Author

I could offer a number a reasons [some of them quite good], but quite frankly i'll settle with this ... one thing at a time.

Sorry to hear about the supplements.

Chromium supplements worked for me, it stopped the sweets craving.

Never did it before for more than a week.

You can do it FitChick !

PS: Can i send 10pounds your way to motivate you ?

And the same to you ES ?

You girls seem to have your **** together, you will probably lose it fast. :)

• Like 1
Ok, i calculated i need about 2400 calories / day, as i have a very sedentary lifestyle.

Minus 600 calories for weight loss, it means i need about 1800 calories. If i go below 1000 calories, i know the body starts to 'devour' itself, and stops from losing fat [retains fat and sacrifices muscle mass].

My shakes are recommended to be with 250ml of milk and 26g of powder, which have 265 calories.

I want to up them to about 400 calories each [because i'm big], so i'll do them with 500ml of 3.7% fat milk [what i have on hand really].

That still leaves 1000 calories for the main meal and snacks [fruit].

Anyone know how much nutritional value the following have :

- average pear

- slice of white bread

- average banana

- pineapple

- various veggies like carrots

If you're asking about calories, it depends on the quantities/size (and where you are in the world in the case of the bread, in the US we add a lot of sugar to our breads, this isn't the case in most saner parts of the world). For the things you've listed, the ranges are (roughly):

Pear 85 - 125

White bread (per slice) 60 - 120

Average banana - 100

Pineapple (cup) - 80

Veggies...huge range here, from next to nothing to way more than you'd think

Check out this site if you want more in depth info on specific foods (it even has info on things like glycemic index, etc.)

Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com

Good luck! If you have any questions, thoughts, or things you find that work/don't work, please share them.