FPS Computer Games

I used to play FPS games on the computer a long time ago. In my mind I was one of the best in the world. That was over a decade ago now though. Really FPS games on the Console are just a pain compared to the thrill of playing on a keyboard and mouse. What have I done with my life... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's because I didn't have a good gaming rig. Well now I feel the need to build another gaming rig. Lan parties oh it's been so long. I used to play a mod for quake 2 called AQ2 oh it was great. Also I used to play a lot of a Half-Life mod called CounterStrike. My god how I miss it all.

Oh it's all comming back to me now............................................................................................................................

Seriously I was bad ass.

Still sort of am

Maybe I still have it.

• Like 1
  • Author
Reach for the stars, Nightsky.

I will build a computer, the most incredible computer ever built for under one thousand dollars. I will call that computer Excalibur! With Excalibur I will kill lots of teenagers!

I used to play FPS games on the computer a long time ago. In my mind I was one of the best in the world. That was over a decade ago now though. Really FPS games on the Console are just a pain compared to the thrill of playing on a keyboard and mouse. What have I done with my life... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's because I didn't have a good gaming rig. Well now I feel the need to build another gaming rig. Lan parties oh it's been so long. I used to play a mod for quake 2 called AQ2 oh it was great. Also I used to play a lot of a Half-Life mod called CounterStrike. My god how I miss it all.

Oh it's all comming back to me now............................................................................................................................

Seriously I was bad ass.

Still sort of am

Maybe I still have it.

You've been spending it having fun that's what. Who wouldn't want to spend their life enjoying it?

Am I the only one who finds it amusing that this is under 'self-improvement and personal well-being'? :laugh:

Seriously, just go ahead and build one. It's easier than people make it out to be. I've built one, it was under USD 1000 and it can play quite a few of the more recent games on max settings. I think SD81 mentioned that he has too, and a few others on this site. You could probably get it done in a week tops, including time for research and assembly, unless you live in a weird place like me and have to wait several weeks for parts delivery.

• Author
Am I the only one who finds it amusing that this is under 'self-improvement and personal well-being'? :laugh:

Self improvement can be a very funny thing. Ever heard of people putting up pictures of the house they want to live in, the car they want to drive etc. This is the computer I want to play games with. Makes perfect sense it be in self improvement to me.

Plus I was talking about life and how I was one of the best in the world back in say 2001. That's right my reflexes were quicker than my awareness of reality. I had tapped into that ancient resource the body has always known. Maybe that what makes me a good fighter... a calling I'm sure my body is lucky to have escaped... maybe not the glory might have been worth it. But the video game thing wouldn't have necessarily warped my body. Now look at me posting on LS with no world titles in anything but the ones I've given myself.

• Author
I'm having a blast with the new counter strike. You should play again !

My glory years. I should play again. Soon my friend. Soon I will build Excalibur and teenagers I shall frag.

My glory years. I should play again. Soon my friend. Soon I will build Excalibur and teenagers I shall frag.

The gap in skill for this game is laughable. So many newbs pitted against skilled players. I love it :D

• Author

I used to be very skilled like I said. I'd memorize a map and plot out strategies for each one. I was a great sniper. That was so long ago now though.

I just like to play the old ones, I don't have any of the latest consoles. I'm also not into the really popular stuff like COD either, these games kinda just look drab and colourless, they look as though they'd feel really boring to play.

I enjoy playing stuff like Goldeneye, 007 Nightfire, 007 Agent Under Fire, XIII, Hexen, etc.

You play one game of a kind, you play them all... I kinda had that experience a few years ago. It was one day, that I realized that all role playing games are very much the same... then FPS, then strategy, then MMOs ...

I rarely play anymore, because after around 30 minutes to 1 hour, I kinda get bored with it and already deinstall it again. :sick:

As for "self-improvement", I always had the idea that games have positive effects on the player as well. Like improving reflexes, creative thinking, strategic thinking, team and leading abilities.

As for the negative side, every hour gamed may be a hour life that's wasted. Depending on how you see it. :laugh:

• Author
You play one game of a kind, you play them all... I kinda had that experience a few years ago. It was one day, that I realized that all role playing games are very much the same... then FPS, then strategy, then MMOs ...

I rarely play anymore, because after around 30 minutes to 1 hour, I kinda get bored with it and already deinstall it again. :sick:

As for "self-improvement", I always had the idea that games have positive effects on the player as well. Like improving reflexes, creative thinking, strategic thinking, team and leading abilities.

As for the negative side, every hour gamed may be a hour life that's wasted. Depending on how you see it. :laugh:

How dare you make me question my life. Who are you to question the great gaming rig Excalibur!?

My creative thinking is off the charts. There's a negative side to everything don't focus on that. I see the glass as full even when it's only half full. All the way full and it spills easier, you have to take that first sip with out tipping in the usual fashion. You get the picture. Some negatives are actually positives. I am the man, ME I'm the man!

So how close are you to even starting with, uh, bringing about Excalibur's existence, after all this grandiose talk?

At the very least make the rig and start playing before you keep bragging about 'fragging little kids'. :p Honestly, you're like the WoW players who drag their epeens all over the forum, then a profile check reveals that they haven't even killed their first raid boss.

• Author
So how close are you to even starting with, uh, bringing about Excalibur's existence, after all this grandiose talk?

At the very least make the rig and start playing before you keep bragging about 'fragging little kids'. :p Honestly, you're like the WoW players who drag their epeens all over the forum, then a profile check reveals that they haven't even killed their first raid boss.

Well I did some research. Found some good lists of parts that work together. The information says a good video card is more important than top of the line processor. I'm looking into overclocking of course.

Something tells me the holidays are going to be good. I have a lot going on right now. Excalibur's birth is coming soon though.

ooglesnboogles

I miss Halo 1 for Mac... I was pretty good when I had a super fast Ethernet connection. I went to WiFi and the lag killed me so I couldn't keep up like before =(