Kay, so, before I start, I just wanna get this off my chest. Since my break up in August I've had probably the most fun five days ever. I've pretty much been stoned and drunk since the day before Thanksgiving in preparation for my first live show which occurred on Saturday. I started playing the drums legit on Memorial Day of this year (I remember cause I bought them from the sale). Back then I was still with my ex and was only planning on it becoming a hobby but then things turned sour and I started jamming with this band and soon became a member. I still wasn't fully immersed in the experience because I've been planning on the joining the Air Force, even though I don't really want to, it seems with the job climate I don't have any other choice. But this live show we played really changed my perception on the whole thing.

So our band is pretty good, we play kind of choppy sometimes but we ooze sex appeal on stage and write good songs. We even scored this insanely hot reporter who fell in love with our act and wants to make a documentary to promote the band. Now this all sounds pretty ****ing cool and since I was little I always wanted to be in a rock band, but at the same time I'm wondering how long it will last. There's thousands of bands who never amounted to anything despite being well-liked and I just don't know if I should go ahead with the more practical decision of joining the Air Force.

Now I really want to stay in the band, I want to get better at drumming (at least until we get a bass, then I'm on that ****), I want to give it my all. I feel really lucky to have found my band mates; one's a great songwriter and the other is a mad virtuoso, and we've become really close despite only knowing each other for a few months. But ****, I can't find a job in this town to save my life. I really wish I had pursued this earlier instead of stumbling into it at the age of 22.

Yeah, so I'm having a major heart vs brain crisis right now.