Can't function without music/internet (LITERALLY)

The nihilst chick

i have been late to my school alot oversleeping etc so my dad confiscates my phone and nook which have internet access. I dont get angry or irritated you know what I do? I start CRYING like a baby i cried myself to sleep. I felt like garbage, without music AND internet to distract me i feel depressed, lonely. It upsets me to think my happiness depends on objects. I dont even want to celebrate my bday and get gifts i feel that ill get attached and when they break or whatever ill just fall into depression. I was depressed all along, music etc just distracted me from it temporarily. I do not know what to do, its hard not to look to people and objects for happiness. I am eating food not because im hungry but to make myself feel better.

Try reading books. On paper, with physical pages.

The experience during, and after is incredibly different than looking at a computer.

Books about a life or lifestyle you are intrigued by (such as autobiographies and philosophical / spiritual novels and guide books are a great resource to get you out of your own .5 second perspective).

Meditation is also surpisingly strong at building focus with your mind.

Unfortunately, I can't imagine you're actually seeking to develop your own perspective, and suspect you are probably just chatting to voice your frustration at your dad. .... but just in case - seriously. Read some books. Libraries have shocking contents (I'm not kidding).

Peace,

Sunlight

• Like 1
skydiveaddict
i have been late to my school alot oversleeping etc so my dad confiscates my phone and nook which have internet access.

Aren't you a little young for this site?