Can't silence the voice of self doubt.

griffinchicken53

Its not an actual voice, not like I am having a conversation with myself.

It's like a constantly repeating phrase of negativity, followed by thinking the worse possible outcome of any situation.

I'll be at work, I keep thinking I'm not good enough at my job, start thinking, at this rate I'll get fired, which makes me slower. And It escalates, I can't shut it off. Maybe I'm insane. I need help and don't know how to get this self sabotaging mindset out

How about for one negative thought you think of you counter with three positive thoughts. For example when you start thinking that you are not good enough at your job. Stop the thought and start thinking. I am good at my job, I'm incredibly efficient, and I love improving my work. Try it.

Listen, you are not insane. You've just developed a bad habit of thinking negatively. You can either be the Master of your own thoughts or a victim to it. It takes discipline and the attitude of never giving up to overcoming the negative thoughts by reinforcing it with positive thoughts.

• Like 1

I agree with Eros.

I think that it's also important to start keeping track of when these thoughts happen. Is it just at work? At a certain time of day? In a certain situation? If you can anticipate a trigger, you would better be able to defend against such thoughts.

Do you ever have positive thoughts at work? Like after accomplishing something, have you ever thought positively of yourself?

"I'm completely incompetent at my job...

...and they still haven't fired me yet! What a bunch of suckers. They deserve to lose every dollar they're bleeding to me."