I can't respond to my ex's texts without angry comments?

For a man who's been cheated and lied to, and tricked into a marriage that failed horribly after a few months.. is it healthy to be angry at her?

It's been three months since we've broken up. When she texts me, I get angry and even insult her. Other times I'm being nice to her. It makes me feel crazy, like I have split personality.

Is my behavior normal or do I have some serious self improvement to make? Over time will I stop caring about her and grow up?:cool:

I'm the same way...sometimes friendly sometimes annoyed.

It depends if he's on my nerves for something or not.

For a man who's been cheated and lied to, and tricked into a marriage that failed horribly after a few months.. is it healthy to be angry at her?

Cloaky, I'm sorry for what you're going through...I know it's very painful. :( I think it's normal to be angry....but staying angry isn't healthy.

Try to keep your ultimate goal in mind when you communicate with her. It's tempting to try to hurt her so she experiences the same pain you're feeling. But I think you'll find resolution a lot faster if you learn to cope with your feelings in a different way. Look at your self-control as a gift to yourself, not a favor you're doing for her, if that helps at all :o

Is my behavior normal or do I have some serious self improvement to make? Over time will I stop caring about her and grow up?:cool:

Is it ever healthy to be angry? It's easy to become a victim of circumstances. But it takes courage to rise above the hurt and forgive. It's obvious anger is not healthy. Just watch the news.

You flipping from anger to being nice is the battle of the conscience and the Ego. One is selfless and compassionate, the other selfish. The Ego is prideful and takes any attack personally to itself. The conscience recognizes that the attacks that is being given from the other person is based on their own pain. So it is compassionate and does not get angry. We are all born with a conscience, but we developed the Ego as we grew up.

You should always look to improve on yourself. There is always room for growth. Even Gandhi continually worked on himself till his death. Marcus Aurelius, a powerful Roman Emperor, wrote his meditations to remind himself of what is to be a noble person. He was always striving to improve on himself.

Over time you may stop caring about her or you may care for her even more. Some men grow into old age but still have the maturity level of a teenager looking for approval from others.

I've read your other posts. That said, I'm wondering why you haven't blocked and ignored her. She sounds like a walking cluster ****.

• Like 1

It's not like she put a gun to your head. You ****ed up bro, and until you can live with all the piss poor decisions you've made you're going to spend the rest of your life acting like a psycho. You got completely outplayed son, so show a little sportsmanship and quit being so bitter.

• Like 1
  • Author
It's not like she put a gun to your head. You ****ed up bro, and until you can live with all the piss poor decisions you've made you're going to spend the rest of your life acting like a psycho. You got completely outplayed son, so show a little sportsmanship and quit being so bitter.

I couldn't agree with you more. I just need to accept fact that I was outplayed, and cut my losses. The more time I waste talking to her and getting upset, is just more of my life I'm wasting away. She didn't crush my hopes and dreams, she just delayed them. I'll recover from this. :cool: