Women: Does Old Spice smell good?

Do women like the smell of Old Spice? I'm a 23 year old man, and I wear the underarm deodorant. I sometimes use the Swagger spray instead, but I never mix the two. I have yet to receive any compliments on it, but I've also never heard any negative comments. I guess that's the most important thing.

You are going to get a lot of different views from women. I'm one of those who hate the smell of any cologne and am thrilled that my man and I wear the same non-scented deoderant.

• Like 1

Yeah, it really varies based on a woman's personal preference. I'm not really a fragrance fan for men...I like a guy's natural musk. Deodorant is a must in most cases, but I prefer a more fresh or baby-powder type of smell.

• Like 1
TheKnightWillRise

Hey Matt.

Don't steal your dad's aftershave.

I'd suggest Bleu De Chanel or Armani Code. Obviously they're my personal preferences. But if you're a bit conscious about your scent, head to a perfume/cologne counter and take a few samples.

kiss_andmakeup

The OS deodorant is fine, but lay off the spray. I can't stand the smell of those generic grocery store body sprays (they all smell like AXE to me).

Get yourself some nice, grown-up cologne. My BF wears one by YSL and it smells heavenly; I like the RL Polo ones, too.

Old Spice Fiji Body wash. No reason for the spray but I won't complain I love everything Old Spice. My father used it as a child - it is one of my favorite smells.

Axe smells like ****. Gag

Axe (shower gel) isn't too bad for the $$$ and they have about 20 different ones. I smelled all of them and bought the "Thai Massage" which smells sort of like fresh cut grass and not overpowering at all. For deodorant (/anti-presenter), I always use a neutral or "fresh" clinical strength one. Body sprays...bod body spray "fresh guy" is actually pretty nice.

For shower gel, if I am going to the gym: Everyman Jack citrus. Does not smell cologne like at all. Just has a very light citrus scent that doesn't really last or project much. Or original Irish spring shower gel (that I haven't added anything to). I hate guys that walk around a friggen gym smelling like cologne. Even worse when it's cheap cologne and lots of it. Was running on a treadmill next to one last night, had to cut it short and move.

I also have gotten into getting scented oils to combine with shower gels. Have a big bottle of "Irish spring type" oil that I add on to Irish spring shower gels in various amount (still experimenting) to make it smell even more like Irish spring for a whole lot longer. I am trying to get it where it is just a hint of it from talking distance and obvious in close. In the bottle, the oil does not really smell like Irish spring to me, but mixed in with the bath gel, it smells like a super concentrated version of Irish spring bath gel. Problem with scents from shower gels is you're washing it off, however this way really keeps it on and I am scrubbing it into my pores all over my body. Lot better than using cologne. People keep telling me all day I smell good or did I just run off and take a shower? Have also got "Creed Green Irish tweed type" oil which to me smells exactly like the real stuff. Waiting on some Dove neutral scented "deep moisture" body wash to combine the GIT type oil with as a bath gel to use when going out since I usually use Green Irish tweed cologne. Trying to do the same thing for Creed Aventus, but the "Aventus type" oil I got does not smell anything like real Aventus.

Also really like the line of bath gels for men from Bath and body works. Especially the Noir bath gel. Also, I try to eat pineapple everyday. As well as strawberries, mangoes and other fruits. But mostly pineapple and strawberries.

Edited by Imported
TheKnightWillRise

There you go Matt, ditch the Old Spice, and stock up on Mr Imported's ''Irish Spring Type.'' Or Irish Tweed Type.... or just find a leprechaun and rub him under your armpits ;)

I think OS deodorant smells good. NOT THE COLOGNE. Please. No.

And since we're on the subject, steer clear of AXE. You don't want to go there. Trust me.