trying not to let things get to me

I grew up with alot of self confident issues, I was pretty negative and hard on myself. It took me my first heartbreak to realize what was wrong with me. I'm 26 now but I feel like a late bloomer, it isn't till this point in my life that I have grown pretty secure and realized the importance of being positive.

I was not aware of how unhealthy by attitude was until my relationship, I didn't control my feelings then and I know I was pretty responsible for part of it being sour tough at that time I blamed my ex mostly. When I came to a realization of how I acted I just felt pretty guilty and upset ... its still something that bothers me to this day

I have tried dating but I'm kept myself distant just so I would not have to experiance those feelings as well as seem like this clingy person that I was. So I kept working on my issues and now I think im pretty stable.

But lately I've been kinda depressed, I know life isn't a race and that I shouldn't just go through life trying to achieve what society thinks are what makes one successful but I can't help but compare myself to other people and my ex.... I feel like all those things I tried to improve about myself have been in vain... because I'm realizing how much of a great social life and success my ex is having now

I'm trying not to base my life on popularity or status but I do feel bummed out ... I guess its just normal to vent , I've been keeping things bottled up for a while and was pretty happy go lucky

You should forget about your ex. That relationship is over. Even if it makes you sick to your stomach that he is happy and his life is going well, you need to be happy for him. Everyone deserves to be happy. You shouldn't allow yourself to be envious of what people have. Focus on what you want and how you can get it. Everything else will just come together. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Author

thanks meeji, I was doing pretty well and did NC for more then a year.... Im pretty sure I had a setback and just got emotional the other night. I have told my self to be happy for him as a reminder every time i feel a tinge of envy etc etc. and finally blocked him on FB ( we also have a lot of mutual friends )

I guess I have just been letting my feelings build up since I hardly talk about it to my friends so I wanted to vent