Yeah I've been thinking about that ever since a rather adventurous, wild guy backed away from me (literally, physically put the shop counter between us) when I told him I went missile hunting near the Gaza Strip. While those missiles were falling, mind you.

I'm a very chatty person and if there's one thing people keep commenting on aside from some tech skills (art, language,..), it's my interesting life. So I love chatting about these anecdotes when guys ask me about myself, but I'm starting to think they may seem scary.

I've always been a tomboy. I begged to join the army. I'm not violent or anything, I wear polka dot dresses and drink with my pinkies up like the next girl, I just like adrenaline I guess. No extreme sports though because those are games following rules and I know what awaits me, which can scare me or excite me the wrong way, not the fun way. And no drugs because they always damage you. My everyday life is healthy and boring, work from home, walk my old dog, post pictures of my food on Facebook, but I don't walk away from the opportunity to drown, get blown up, beaten to death, or kidnapped in exchange for prisoners. I go "Weeeeeeeeeeeee" and picture myself in an Israeli fighter plane when a passenger plane goes through extreme turbulence.

When grenades and more were thrown by thousands of raving Palestinians by the Damascus Gate, I went there in an explicitely pro-Zionist t-shirt and took pictures and I loved every second of it. When smoke went up or the soldiers screamed "Grenade!", I ran to, not from that. I regret jumping out of the way rather than laying on my back when a weaponized military horse ran towards and almost into me, because that would have made an awesome picture worth a few broken ribs.

When I hear what sounds like shots, or see the bomb squad parked somewhere, I move in, not away. I smirk so hard my cheek hurts. Can't help but groan "Bummer" when nothing happens. I don't want people to get hurt, I just want the John McLane stuff to get real.

I got my ass jailed in Turkey and while it was a distressing ordeal during which I did consider the easy way out, I use this story nowadays for tea chatter. "Oh you've been in Istanbul, too? I was in jail there, hot officers though I tells ya!"

Also sabotaged a few hunts by getting in the line of fire. Ah, fun. Dodge ball with actual stakes.

Jackbauered 5 men trying to mug me, messed up one to scare the other 4 away. Still got mugged.

Also neutered a rat once and pickled the harvest. I collect unperishable dead stuff. Cleaned up wolf poop. With the wolves around.

Stole a hug from a lion when his keepers weren't watching.

When angry audiences of my Muhammad cartoons uttered threats, I told them where to find me (not my home address, for the safety of my pets).

Sitting on the floor of a train full of soldiers, with machine guns slapping me in the face at every turn, is arousing to me.

I'm a nymphomaniac and I do crazy stuff to meet those needs.

I don't have a death wish, but the rush, the gossip it offers, the epicness of any situation that would have Lord of the Rings music play in the background, can't resist it. Games don't cut it for me, neither do work-outs. Anything that is regulated or set up, only mildly entertains me. I'm also not into dangerous pranks, initiations, or Jackass-like stuff because the danger is forced rather than presenting itself uninvited, so there's nothing exciting to it for me.

I'm terrified of rollercoasters though. I recited the Shma (dying prayer) on the Wild Mouse. Also, spiders make me run very, very fast.

Anyway, do these things make me scary? Even to the young and adventurous? I just can't get into conversations about what I did at work or about that annoying lady at the cashier. I feel awkward when I realize I'm boring myself talking about these trivial things. When I do that I also often catch myself unwillingly bragging about my financial standing, which is high compared to most people in this town, and I hate sounding snobbish or materialistic. I feel more alive while doing or talking about messed up stuff.

Also, I may not be hunting missiles if I had someone waiting for my safe return at home.

• Author

But women rarely do combat and even those who do get into combat units, are hardly deployed to actual combat situations. Guys here know that.

Perhaps it's ironic that I'm watching 'Alien Resurrection' right now.

Yeah, I'd be taken aback a bit. Also, it would be tough to invest in a partner whose propensities and lifestyle could find her in a body bag, or worse, at most any moment. Living is tenuous enough as it is.

Maybe it's your environment.

maybe it's the social influence.

i have no idea.

But certainly, if you want an evaluation, according to what we know experience and consider, then yes, in answer to your question, I think you probably scare - everyone.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1

Maybe it's your environment.

maybe it's the social influence.

i have no idea.

But certainly, if you want an evaluation, according to what we know experience and consider, then yes, in answer to your question, I think you probably scare - everyone.

Related to this and the fact that you are a tomboy, you are not exactly feminine, and empathy is not your strongpoint.

Nothing personal.

• Author
and empathy is not your strongpoint.

And what do you base that on?

you are not exactly feminine
For liking action? I've seen men complaining that their women don't like partaking in their adventures. Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

And what do you base that on?

For liking action? I've seen men complaining that their women don't like partaking in their adventures.

This very post is enough validation of my ... theory [and TM's].

You seem like one of the baddest mother ****ers I've ever seen on here. That, and it seems like you have a deathwish. Hey, I dig it. I'm sure there are plenty crazy guys out there who would too.

Yeah I've been thinking about that ever since a rather adventurous, wild guy backed away from me (literally, physically put the shop counter between us) when I told him I went missile hunting near the Gaza Strip. While those missiles were falling, mind you.

When a shop counter comes down between the two of you, yeah, you're scaring them away.

I go "Weeeeeeeeeeeee" and picture myself in an Israeli fighter plane when a passenger plane goes through extreme turbulence.

When grenades and more were thrown by thousands of raving Palestinians by the Damascus Gate, I went there in an explicitely pro-Zionist t-shirt and took pictures and I loved every second of it. When smoke went up or the soldiers screamed "Grenade!", I ran to, not from that. I regret jumping out of the way rather than laying on my back when a weaponized military horse ran towards and almost into me, because that would have made an awesome picture worth a few broken ribs.

When I hear what sounds like shots, or see the bomb squad parked somewhere, I move in, not away. I smirk so hard my cheek hurts. Can't help but groan "Bummer" when nothing happens. I don't want people to get hurt, I just want the John McLane stuff to get real.

I got my ass jailed in Turkey and while it was a distressing ordeal during which I did consider the easy way out, I use this story nowadays for tea chatter. "Oh you've been in Istanbul, too? I was in jail there, hot officers though I tells ya!"

Also sabotaged a few hunts by getting in the line of fire. Ah, fun. Dodge ball with actual stakes.

Jackbauered 5 men trying to mug me, messed up one to scare the other 4 away. Still got mugged.

Also neutered a rat once and pickled the harvest. I collect unperishable dead stuff. Cleaned up wolf poop. With the wolves around.

Stole a hug from a lion when his keepers weren't watching.

When angry audiences of my Muhammad cartoons uttered threats, I told them where to find me (not my home address, for the safety of my pets).

Sitting on the floor of a train full of soldiers, with machine guns slapping me in the face at every turn, is arousing to me.

I'm a nymphomaniac and I do crazy stuff to meet those needs.

I don't have a death wish, but the rush, the gossip it offers, the epicness of any situation that would have Lord of the Rings music play in the background, can't resist it. Games don't cut it for me, neither do work-outs. Anything that is regulated or set up, only mildly entertains me. I'm also not into dangerous pranks, initiations, or Jackass-like stuff because the danger is forced rather than presenting itself uninvited, so there's nothing exciting to it for me.

I'm terrified of rollercoasters though. I recited the Shma (dying prayer) on the Wild Mouse. Also, spiders make me run very, very fast.

Anyway, do these things make me scary? Even to the young and adventurous? I just can't get into conversations about what I did at work or about that annoying lady at the cashier. I feel awkward when I realize I'm boring myself talking about these trivial things. When I do that I also often catch myself unwillingly bragging about my financial standing, which is high compared to most people in this town, and I hate sounding snobbish or materialistic. I feel more alive while doing or talking about messed up stuff.

Also, I may not be hunting missiles if I had someone waiting for my safe return at home.

I think you are quite unstable rather than adventurous. Being highly impulsive is often associated with personality disorders

Jennifer2012

You're not scaring people away, you just seem really attention/approval seeking and self-absorbed. I'm not saying that to be rude, just my observation. Stop trying to impress others and take the time to actually get to know them and listen to what they have to say. That's far more attractive than talking nonstop about yourself.

You seem like a very interesting person and what you do sounds so far from normal.

Yes I think the further from normal you are, the scarier you seem. Not just to men but to every normal person.

If you don't want to scare people off then start off by doing the every day chit chat. Let them ask questions and ask questions about them too.

Straight up, this sort of violence-seeking and risky attitude would turn me off from a guy, even. Honest to god, not all men looove grenades and bombs and want them to 'get real' IRL. They may play at it in fantasy, but when it comes down to real life, no mature man is going to wish that that bomb alarm was real - because he knows that if it was, there would be real-life death. Usually of innocent civilians, women, children, infants.

I'm all for sexual freedom and women being able to cross gender boundaries... but what you described strikes me as an extremely unempathic and immature attitude, for both men and women. Perhaps socially it is more acceptable for men to be so, but I would personally not accept it in a man either.