Figuring out what I want.....

This new guy seems very very nice. But I truely don't know what I want, not necessarily from him but myself and it is something I want to figure out. I know the one thing that is important to me is finding a job that is appropriate for my education, but other then that I don't know what else I want for myself. I know I want to be happy but it is going to take a long time in figuring out what will help me be happy.

I don't think I have ever been so confussed. This guy is very very nice. Kinda reminds me of a big kid which is fun and his personality is kick ass, but I don't know what I want from him. And I was open about it, I told him I don't know what I want but this was more talking towards my field, and just life in general. So, what steps can I do to figure this out? I need some direction.

• Author

I have done counselling for reasons of being depressed and I found the guy not to be helpful one bit. Lets get this straight, I am not going to counselling. Shyness is something I will always have and I need someone who can help me clear out or make a list of things.

longlegz

You have said before that you are bipolar

Bipolar disorder can NOT be helped by just counselling.

You NEED meds to control the bipolar.

THEN speak to a counsellor to deal with other issues. Find one you do like; they are not all clones and sometimes you have to shop around. It is a HUGE mistake to reject all counsellors because you didn't like one. It's akin to rejecting all men forever because you didn't like one - not logical at all.

counselling isn't like getting a massage - the counsellor ASSISTS you in getting through your problems, not solves them for you.

i agree that talking to your doc abt the bipolar/depression issue is a good idea - perhaps a lil bit of meds is exactly what you need. i may need some, too, but for now i'm sticking to counselling, to see if that on its own will be enough.

come on, girl, when you're stuck, the smartest thing to do is admit you need some help and get it - NOW.

-yes

• Author

I really really really hate when everyone is right. I agree, I do have a big problem and it will only be solved if I get help and go on meds. Just plain and simple. Too I am very stubborn and think that maybe there is something I can do other then meds and counselling. But apparently not. So, I appreciate everyones help and thank you very much.

Unfortunately, longlegz, none of us is able to work a miracle else I'm sure one of us would wave a wand to help you. So your recourse is to resort to medicine and therapy. I'm sure you'll be glad you did.