to pity or not to pity?

I've got a problem. It's been almost five years since I auditioned for a part in a band. They rejected me and that's okay. What I didn't think was "okay" was for them to follow me around and rub it in. It got to the point where I decided to fight back by revealing my theories for their despicable behavior via the newspaper. I must have been right on target so they decided to pay me back. From 2002 to 2003, they used the newspaper for libeling purposes: making up stories that had "ugly connections" to me somehow, or "coincidentally" publishing a story that would make me feel bad...until I realized it was published on a day that would somehow put me in the spotlight. At first I ignored it. As long as I know they're not true, why should it bother me? When they saw that I wasn't responding, they went to extremes by (I think) sending someone to sneak into my house, look through a notebook that had really personal stuff in it, and write things. It happened three times and it was always the same handwriting. I finally reported it to the police who asked if I had a suspect. Yes, I do.

Obviously, these people are bullies. And for that, I pity them. Yet, their actions cannot go unpunished. What he/she did was a crime. And all crimes must be answered for. Should I speak up?

Band members don't follow people around who don't make it at try outs unless they are Hell's Angels or some kind of group like that. They simply don't have the time. They also don't do all the other things you mention...very bad public relations. See a counsellor as soon as possible.

Even Hells Angels don't follow people like this...they just beat the hell out of them and forget them.

I've got a problem.

I think you do have a "problem", melody, but it's not with a band. You may have what is known as a paranoid delusional disorder. There is medication that you can take for this condition.

I agree with Tony that you visit your doctor and tell him or her what you posted here. I hope your doctor will be able to help you feel better.

Please, melody, see your physician and tell him about these bad people who are haunting your life. He or she may be able, with the right medication, to make them go away.

It's obvious that neither you or Tony have heard of psychological bullying, so maybe I should enlighten you both.

Psychological bullying is more subtle and harder to define, but the objective is to humiliate the victim by slander or libel, rubbing something in, . When confronted with their actions, he or she will play innocent by claiming that they didn't do anything. What they really mean is they didn't do anything in terms of what can be proven. And why shouldn't they make such a claim? As long as there is no one else to witness the incident, they are virtually "innocent until proven guilty." And yes, it's a reality. Those who ignore it are obviously in denial.

Melody, there's a difference between 'psychological bullying' and people following you around and breaking into your house because you failed a tryout. People don't do that - there is no payoff for them. That you believe they did is a BIG red flag. PLEASE see a counsellor and tell him your story.