wishing to outgrow seizures

Last night I had a seizure and it was scary.It always happens when I'm sleeping or sometimes,I almost fall off the bed.I dont remember if I even took the right dosage for it.I have a hard time remembering sometimes to take my meds.Last night was real scary.I woke up last night and thought I heard something and I woke up and was shaking and it was scary.Its so scary,Im afraid to sleep sometimes.

Patty

Patty - do you have one of those plastic box things that you can keep your meds in that has days and times printed on it? You can ask at your drugstore for one. It really helps you keep track of your meds. I'm sorry you have these seizures so much.

I started having seizures when I became pregnant with my daughter. I too have trouble remembering if I have taken my medicine or not. I keep it in a medicine box so I know if I have taken my dose or not.

I fortunately do not have seizures regularly...I have been seizure free for 3yrs now. But, I do know they are terribly scary and they do make your memory horrible! But, do realize you are not alone.

Please contact me if you need to talk.

• Author

Thanks everyone.I feel much better knowing that Im not alone.I did use to have a plastic box that had a timer on it to remind me to take meds but I havent been able to find it.Hopefully I'll find it soon.

Patty

Do you have siezures frequently? Have you considered surgery for it? Risky, but it works. I cant empathize, cuase I have nevr had a seizure, but I had freinds that did. JUst try and find that box Patty, cuase I know you dont want that to happen:)

• 1 year later...
Last night I had a seizure and it was scary.It always happens when I'm sleeping or sometimes,I almost fall off the bed.I dont remember if I even took the right dosage for it.I have a hard time remembering sometimes to take my meds.Last night was real scary.I woke up last night and thought I heard something and I woke up and was shaking and it was scary.Its so scary,Im afraid to sleep sometimes.

Patty

Missing your meds can definitely trigger a seizure. Find some way to remember so it becomes a part of your daily routine.