Going to Therapy Tomorrow

I decided to go cause i just want to talk to someone. About career problems and family and relationship. I dont know how much that can help but lets just try it.

However she charges 140 per hour!!!!! WTF??

i convinced her to drop it to 80 though. but that's still alot.

Can therapy help me????

The people I have known to try therapy stay in it 20-30 years solving nothing or quit out of frustration.

The work that comes through therapy is 50% from the therapist, and 50% YOU working on yourself. You may have heard this already, but the people who benefit most from therapy are the people who are willing to put in the necessary work both during therapy and outside of therapy sessions. It also depends partly on how good of a "fit" that you have with the therapist.

I'm not going to try and persuade you either way, just warning you that it will be a lot of work.

• Author
The people I have known to try therapy stay in it 20-30 years solving nothing or quit out of frustration.

Wow. well that's not gonna happen with me.

I'm just getting 1 session although the therapist thinks i'm gonna keep going weekly. Not a chance!!

• Author

To SpiralOut.

I just want some advice and talk to someone 1 time. I'm poor you know. And unemployed so i can't afford it.

yeah i will put the effort.

Is there no place in your area that offers reduced cost counselling? When I did mine I was able to find a place that did it for free due to my low income. Maybe this therapist could recommend some places to you that are more affordable?

If you think it would help then go for it. I didn't mean to sound discouraging in my post. Good luck with your session.

Feelin Frisky

I posted already but don't know what happened to my post. Anyway, here it is again. Congratulations Quiet Guy on deciding to try to change your life for the better. Look into any insurance you might be eligible for from your employer so that you can maybe get your sessions down to a small co-payment. You can PM me if you like on that.

Don't let anyone dissuade you from trying therapy. Sometimes it's a bust for some people and sometimes it makes all the difference in the world for others. If you feel you could benefit, by all means give it a try. Best wishes on achieving your goals.

skydiveaddict
I decided to go cause i just want to talk to someone. About career problems and family and relationship. I dont know how much that can help but lets just try it.

However she charges 140 per hour!!!!! WTF??

i convinced her to drop it to 80 though. but that's still alot.

Can therapy help me????

i guess "talk therapy" can help some people. If i were you, i would spend my money on a psychiatrist who can talk as well as prescribe meds if you need them.

Feelin Frisky
To SpiralOut.

I just want some advice and talk to someone 1 time. I'm poor you know. And unemployed so i can't afford it.

yeah i will put the effort.

If you are unemployed and need psychiatric counselling get your fanny to your local department of Social Services and apply for medical assistance. There is no shame in it--to the contrary, there's a bit of shame in not doing it. If you get Medicaid or medical assistance from the state you can get the help you need and any medication that might help you completely change your life so that you can go out and market yourself and get a job and maybe a love life. It's your business and your business alone if you apply for and receive medical assistance from the state and if that idea bothers you so much, keep an account of how much your treatment cost and pay the state back when you can afford it. All the best.

Ross MwcFan

I found therapy to actually help me, because I found it supportive.

Good luck anyway.

Gunless Preview best quality The Back-up Plan film download ipod Mean Girls 2 tide 127 Hours film picture Download Film Inception Hi-def Quality Iron Man 2 Download Film My Family's Secret Download download the movie Love and Other Drugs Films S.W.A.T.: Firefight Top Gear Apocalypse Full Movie High Quality Part watch full version Inception The New The Big Bang Movie buy Iron Man 2 film

Find the right therapist and it can make a world of difference.

May I ask how you chose yours?

• Author
Find the right therapist and it can make a world of difference.

May I ask how you chose yours?

Thanks. Well i don't have money so i just chose the first one i found in the interenet. and asked if we could lower the price. she went from 140 to 80. that's good.

But in other places they do it for 20!!! But that place where they do it for 20 for people with financial problems., this time i went there 2 times and they said they would call me but never did.

Where you could get it cheap or free is in the same place you would pick up an unemployment check and find a courthouse, the part of town you would rather avoid.

Holt Driver

Therapy is great! Medications, while useful in some situations, just address the symptoms of deeper issues.

The key is to be honest with your therapist and yourself. Speak honestly, from you mind an heart, and don't feel like you have to say "the right thing." It's okay in that environment to express painful thoughts.

skydiveaddict
Therapy is great! Medications, while useful in some situations, just address the symptoms of deeper issues.

That's bull****. Sometimes depression is caused by chemical imbalances in the brain and nothing more.

Malnutrition is best dealt with through a change of diet in the long term.

That's bull****. Sometimes depression is caused by chemical imbalances in the brain and nothing more.

The idea there is a right chemical balance is as ridiculous as saying there is a right height or a right skin pigmentation.

I've benefitted tremendously from therapy. Most of it, I didn't pay for (couldn't afford it), but got treatment through school/ universities and some on the NHS. However, it's not a quick fix - you need to really face your issues head on and do the work yourself, but a therapist can help you do sorting and act as scaffolding for how to take it forward.

ShooxoriNom

BreadCrumbs Movie With Good Quality Full Daniel Tosh: Happy Thoughts Film Good Quality Subhapradam Movie Clips Download Limitless Download Full Film the full film of Road Train Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps Full Lenght Film In Pda Format Download How Do You Know Film Hq Largo Winch (Tome 2) full lenght film in hd - hq - dvd - divx - ipod - pda formats Where Can I Buy Yamla Pagla Deewana Movie Small Town Saturday Night movie on youtube Barbie in a Mermaid Tale movie summary Where To Watch The Whole Star Wars: Episode I- A New Hope Film Website To Watch Four Lions The Movie download Largo Winch (Tome 2) full movie buy Cemetery Junction the movie Watch The From Paris with Love Movie Now Blood Out watch Blood Out downloadable films Megamind watch Soldier movie good quality pre buy Glenn 3948 movie Karthik Calling Karthik Film For Sale Ong Bak 3 Movie In Hd Movie Dvd Puppet Master: Axis of Evil Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Film Download The Stonerville Movie Want To Watch Please Give Movie Watch Full Version Of The Jackass 3D online Download The Road Train The Movie Download Entire The Woman The Book of Eli film in english to download Download Last Night Film In Divx Formats download The Hit List the musical Maro Charitra film part place Soul Surfer Watch Full The 41-Year-Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It Film In Hd Clash of the Titans popcorn maker Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure Full Dvd Films Download For The Romantics The Movie Download Blue Crush 2 Movie Ipod order Cherry Tree Lane film watch Temple Grandin the movie in hd

Ross MwcFan
The idea there is a right chemical balance is as ridiculous as saying there is a right height or a right skin pigmentation.

I don't think it's riduculous at all, even on the things you've mentioned. Although it is hard to know exactly where to draw the line.

How you achieve a better chemical balance is not necessarily just by taking a pill. That's like saying a diet deficient in vitamins is best changed by adding multivitamins. As a remedial measure, okay, but the optimum approach is a more balanced diet, and often an optimum diet is better achieved and sustained by dealing with emotional eating patterns. It''s not a case of an exclusive or, but an inclusive or, i.e. an holistic approach taking care of the mind body & soul.

For instance, Transcendental meditation is being looked into as a treatment option for PTSD for troops and has quite a bit of scientific evidence supporting it as a way to de-stress.

Edited by betterdeal

I don't buy the either/or framing of this debate that a lot of people get into between 'natural' versus 'medical' approaches. Meditation can be a fantastic tool (and yes, there is increasing scientific evidence for that). Therapy can be extremely beneficial. And medication can also be extremely beneficial. And so is exercise, the right diet, enough sleep, and so on and so forth. The 'right' combination of support will depend on an individual's unique circumstances. I think it's better to include a broad range of potential tools when one is trying to address an issue, without excluding certain options beforehand.

Thanks. Well i don't have money so i just chose the first one i found in the interenet. and asked if we could lower the price. she went from 140 to 80. that's good.

But in other places they do it for 20!!! But that place where they do it for 20 for people with financial problems., this time i went there 2 times and they said they would call me but never did.

I see.

When is it you go?

I'd be curious to hear the outcome and if you found it helpful.