LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

Are there any natural remedies for allergies?

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th May 2011, 6:27 PM   #1
Established Member

Are there any natural remedies for allergies?

This is season has been particularly bad but any kind of medication on the market has tons of side effects that I don't want. Is there any way to manage this without doping myself up?
Old 8th May 2011, 7:03 PM   #2
Established Member

Allergies suck.

You can try:

-getting enough sleep
-avoiding alcohol
-avoiding scratching eyes at all costs
-neti pot
-eating local honey (supposedly)
eerie_reverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 10:33 PM   #3
Established Member

Gargle everynight with salt and warm water.
Buy a nose spray that is saline based, (it's all natural, salt and water) and sprinse your nose with it a few times daily. It'll help keep your nasals clean and clear.

Google Boiron. They have great stuff, all organic and safe, no side effects either.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 10:39 PM   #4
Established Member

I broke down and bought a neti pot. Despite the process being completely disgusting it actually works. I am also taking vitamin c which helps as well. This has been one of the worst seasons I have experienced but it should be over in about a week when everything is done blooming.
Woggle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 10:40 PM   #5
Established Member

Im scared to try that..Neti pot. Something about snorfing in and letting it out the other nostril freaks me out. Let me know how it goes, k!
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 10:43 PM   #6
Established Member

[QUOTE=whichwayisup;3394610]Im scared to try that..Neti pot. Something about snorfing in and letting it out the other nostril freaks me out. Let me know how it goes, k![/QUOTE
It takes a while to get used to but it does actually work. It's best to do it in front of a mirror though so you know you are doing it right.
Old 15th May 2011, 4:32 AM   #7
Established Member

I had allergies last year and used a Neti pot. It was worth it and really helped me breathe easier. It's something that takes getting use to that's for sure.

The local honey is if you have a plant allergy, because bees pollinate basically everything in the area and you get small doses of your allergen in the honey. If you continue to give your body small doses of what you are allergic to, it will eventually adapt and become more immune to it overtime.
PelicanPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 11:56 AM   #8
Established Member

I used to have terrible seasonal allergies, but no longer. Immunotherapy worked very well for me.
Old 15th May 2011, 2:01 PM   #9
Established Member

I have found that the Net Pot irritates my sinuses though I probably did overdo it. Luckily things seem to be done blooming.
Old 15th May 2011, 2:09 PM   #10

Local honey. It works wonders!
Star Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 2:13 PM   #11
Established Member

Sadly, the general medical consensus is 'no'. Not to any significant degree at least.

If you're getting allergic rhinitis, should consider the nasal sprays. It's locally applied, so there's very minimal systemic side effects.
Old 15th May 2011, 2:25 PM   #12
Established Member

If they act up again I will try the local honey but we had some nice rain here that washed everything away. I am feeling better than I have felt in weeks.
Old 15th May 2011, 2:31 PM   #13

Location: Working on a clear blue summer sky, at BuddhaDhammaSangha
I have used a neti pot for some considerable time, and I have had nothing but benefits.
Colds last a day or two, as opposed to over a week, and strangely, it's helped my tinnitus. too.
Gruesome/yucky as it sounds, I have absolutely no regrets using one at all.
I have a very good one with an included measuring spoon and marked level on the pot, helping to create a synergistic mix of salt/warm water.
It's the same saline consistency of tears.
It's important to get the mix right, or over-use with the wrong blend, could irritate the sinuses.....
TaraMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 1:56 PM   #14
Established Member

i just suck it up (pun intended!!! )

but i also take Vit. C and a stress B complex.

i swim too and that helps.
Old 16th May 2011, 2:55 PM   #15

the How to Train Your Dragon trailer

watch made from Da bing xiao jiang Basement the movie to watch The Chosen One The Whole Film To Watch Iron Man 2 Movie Direct Download Mine vaganti Movie In English To Download How To Watch The Prankster Online Red Riding Hood Trailer Mp4 Download watch Machete 2010 full movie Watch A Movie Chico Xavier online where to buy The King of Fighters film watch full version of the Wild Target online The Confidant movie on youtube Watch Full Version Of Tannu Weds Mannu Movie The Lincoln Lawyer Film Now Legion Download Watch Full Version Of The The Warrior's Way online The 19th Wife Film Location Alice in Wonderland Cast Download The Five The Film Online Watch The Whole Movie Of No Strings Attached Download Divx Ratatouille Full Lenght Sixgun Movie To Download Tucker & Dale vs Evil Hd Download Soul Surfer Full Lenght Film In Hd Format Dead Space: Aftermath filmography online divx download Season of the Witch how to watch Happiness Is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown tide online Bez tvare film to watch now watch Battle: Los Angeles film divx Who Is Clark Rockefeller? Story Download The Eat Pray Love Dvd American Bandits: Frank and Jesse James Full Lenght Film In Dvd Format Temple Grandin Full Lenght Film In Hd Format Arthur Film Songs Monsters preview Download Daniel Tosh: Happy Thoughts Online where can i download Les aventures extraordinaires d'Adele Blanc-Sec Fake Identity Full Lenght Film In Hd Format About The The Violent Kind online download Requiem pour une tueuse movie 2011 Download The Shank
Meadypecace is offline   Reply With Quote