Feeling tired and unfocused- how do I snap out of it?

I can't figure out what's up with me this week. I'm struggling to focus at work. I just spent the whole day slowly getting one thing done, a thing that should have taken me 2 hours max. Yesterday was the same. I got things done, but random stuff, nothing that's on my list of priorities.

right now I'm trying to motivate myself to go to the gym, but a part of me just wants to go home and huddle up in bed.

truth is, I feel tired. I can't even figure out why I feel this tired. I eat well, I sleep well, I don't have too much work right now, I'm not crazy stressed out, relationships with SO, friends and family have never been better.

How do I snap out of it? Yes, I am dragging myself to the gym - but what else can I do? I hate feeling like this.

threebyfate

Going to the gym will help you snap out of it to some degree. Also, have you reviewed your diet? What I've noticed is that processed sugars do this to me, where it creates an upspike, then a fall down. It's almost addictive in nature, in that when you crash, you want more.

Also, you're an introvert who's in constant contact with people in your job. I'm guessing this can also be exhausting since you recharge by being alone.

laRubiaBonita

are you taking vitamin b? vitamin d? and all those other good things?

it maybe the seasons changing.... i know when my allergies act up it wears me down- i do not breath as good and i do not sleep as soundly.

• Author

I have noticed I crave sugared products more lately (dried mango, peanut butter). I'll cut back. I started taking supplements last night (it has all the good stuff).

It is possible I need some down time. I went to visit bf this weekend. It was fabulous and I got to spend time on my own, but maybe I need a whole day of home down time. Ah well, 3 more days to go until the weekend!

The gym helped a bit. I just dream of spending a whole day in bed.

Any other tips? What do you do when you need to recharge?

• Author
Pregnancy test?

Oh boy, my first thought was actually: I wish. :confused:

But nope, that's pretty much impossible. Just had my period.

Oh boy, my first thought was actually: I wish. :confused:

But nope, that's pretty much impossible. Just had my period.

You wish? What do you wish?

• Author
You wish? What do you wish?

I had a moment of feeling like being pregnant would be desirable.

I just imagine having bf's baby and just how much I would love that baby to bits.

This leaves me feeling very confused. Bf and i don't even live in the same town, so we've been putting off the baby question.

melodymatters

Hello my darlng Kamille !

I am so sorry you are feeling like this. For me, it is usually stress that shuts down my system and when I need to be doing the most, I have the least amount of energy.

Going through it now, not to TJ : Moved to my former best friends beach town to roomate in his condo. Changed my residency, registered for university and now he's gone batsh*t and I had to find a place in two days and will be moving tomorrow ! Of course I know NO one in this town and while events like this used to piss me off and energize me, now I can barely pack, sleep or eat all the while feeling like a hundred year old wet blanket of Blah. I'm hoping once i'm out from his dark cloud I wll feel human again. At least I have my loyal pup and as of tomorrow an ocean view.

Thanks for listening : no energy to start my own thread ;)

So, could it be unresolved anxety draining you ? Also, I think you should maybe at least TALK about babies ! You'll be a great mom and time goes faster than we think. Accept that your ducks will NEVER be in a row, and proceed to live anyway !

• Author
Hello my darlng Kamille !

I am so sorry you are feeling like this. For me, it is usually stress that shuts down my system and when I need to be doing the most, I have the least amount of energy.

Going through it now, not to TJ : Moved to my former best friends beach town to roomate in his condo. Changed my residency, registered for university and now he's gone batsh*t and I had to find a place in two days and will be moving tomorrow ! Of course I know NO one in this town and while events like this used to piss me off and energize me, now I can barely pack, sleep or eat all the while feeling like a hundred year old wet blanket of Blah. I'm hoping once i'm out from his dark cloud I wll feel human again. At least I have my loyal pup and as of tomorrow an ocean view.

Thanks for listening : no energy to start my own thread ;)

So, could it be unresolved anxety draining you ? Also, I think you should maybe at least TALK about babies ! You'll be a great mom and time goes faster than we think. Accept that your ducks will NEVER be in a row, and proceed to live anyway !

((Melody))

This isn't threadjacking at all! You're always welcomed on my threads, and if anything I'm glad I started this one so you could have a place to vent.

What? What is up with that dude? Deep breath, get out of there! And clearly, congratulations on those important moves in your life. I had no idea so much was going on! I want to know more, but I'm sure you'll fill me in when you're in a better space, mentally and physically.

Anxiety does make me shut down too. And yet I always manage to get everything done - as I trust you do too. When do you move? When do you get to have some rest?

Bf and I do talk about having a baby, but then we always end up with the same conclusion; now is not the right time. We would like to be in the same town for that to happen. We would want to be involved.