Going to sleep and waking up alone.

I've been really happy with my life lately..

Classes have been amazing. I'm a hospitality student, and part of the requirement to graduate is to get a sommelier/ Cicerone license. So needless to say I've been "Tasting" a lot in my classes.:laugh:

I've been blessed with an awesome roommate who treats me with the respect and dignity I've always deserved. He truly is an amazing person, and we click like no other friend I've ever had. We've had soooo many crazy adventures and lazy lazy afternoons.

I'm also eating right, and going to the gym. This is the best shape i've ever been in my entire life! I have a bunch of gym buddies who all know me, and for 1.5 hours, 3 days a week, I feel absolute peace. Nothing could ever really bother me...except when I come home.

After everything is said and done, and I come home to go to sleep, I start to cry. I know it's because I'm lonely ( I've been seperated from my GF for 4 months now), but you would think that with all these wonderful things happening to me, that I would be over it. =(

Even when I wake up, I start to cry. It's like super depression mode, followed by wallowing and self pity. Then when I get to class, I start to feel better. I don't want to feel like this anymore. I want to be over her and move on, but I can't stop thinking about being lonely and my ex. I dread going home and laying in bed....

Is there something I can do?

LeaningIntoTheMuse

Get a cat?

I honestly don't know, man. I've never had a girlfriend, so I don't know what this pain is like. But you're still hurting from the relationship breakup, so this isn't uncommon.

Yep, when I wake up in the morning with this multi-clawed creature attempting to push me off the bed, I smile because I know there will never be the need for a pre-nup or divorce settlement. Just open a can and send him on his way ;)

The real test will come when you're older and realize you don't mind being alone and wonder what it will be like to die alone. Long way off for you though. Hope the healing goes well :)

LeaningIntoTheMuse
Yep, when I wake up in the morning with this multi-clawed creature attempting to push me off the bed, I smile because I know there will never be the need for a pre-nup or divorce settlement. Just open a can and send him on his way ;)

:laugh:

I have two cats, both who sleep in my bed. I often wake up with my kitten (8 months old) asleep in my arms, even though she wasn't there when I went to sleep.

I know it's probably not the same as sleeping with a woman, but they're living, breathing beings who also desire love. If you're lonely, sometimes having something there that will love you unconditionally, can take up and erase some of the loneliness. :)

• Author

ha ha, thanks for the suggestions about the cat...Sadly, I am crazy allergic to them :laugh:

But, the prospects of a puppy are always welcome I suppose. Back at home, my parents own a shar-pei. It's probably the cutest thing to walk the earth. Too bad they're like super rare to get nowadays.

ha ha, thanks for the suggestions about the cat...Sadly, I am crazy allergic to them :laugh:

But, the prospects of a puppy are always welcome I suppose. Back at home, my parents own a shar-pei. It's probably the cutest thing to walk the earth. Too bad they're like super rare to get nowadays.

Somewhere there's a dog in a shelter just waiting for you to take him/her home! Don't discount the idea of adopting a dog, instead of buying a purebred. You're not only helping yourself, but you're saving a life. That's another way to lift your spirits!

I have a dog and I love her, she makes me smile because all the silly things she does :) I don't think a pet will stop you from waking up feeling alone though, I think that feeling will go when you forget what it's like to wake up with somebody.

crying is nessecary, it will take time you must have loved her alot. Just don't wallow try to cry healing tears. I know that sounds strange but essentially we developed crying evolutionarily so that we could cope, try to start letting her go. If you want to let go than you are already on your way.

good luck