Jobless and starting to get depressed

Free spirit86

Hello Everyone!

I have been fairly positive about getting a job since I returned to California. I moved up to Northern California because my mother told me that there were jobs here, but I have been here for two months and I have been on only two interviews. My plan was to be here for 6 months, get my personal trainer certification, and then move abroad to be with my boyfriend. I am feeling very overwhelmed with the thought of staying here past the summer. My boyfriend is coming to see me(We actually made that definitive!) but well its expensive and I wanted to help him out. I currently stay with my grandmother, and he wont be able to stay here! I just feel so sad, stressed, and uncertain about many things because I do not have a job. I have bills I need to pay, things I want to get in order before I leave! Two months, no job, and only two interviews?!!! I have very basic skills. I have worked in an office, and I have some college level education. I really do not know what the hell to do at this point, all I know is that I really want out of this city and this state. Any advice?

creighton0123

In this economy, a job is a job. If you're not collecting on unemployment benefits, earning $1000 a week is great. Earning $500 a week is good. Earning $200 a week is better than earning $0.

There are most certainly jobs in Northern California. The question is are you willing to take a job to earn money even if it isn't a job you want to do? To only have two interviews in two months suggests you're looking for the latter when you may need to buckle down, get behind a cash register or into a department store and do the former.