Hello

At work they are organizing this baby shower for one of the managers. She is going on a leave soon. I feel it's not fair because they haven't done the same thing for the other pregnant women we have had in the department, women who are not part of the management.

Anyway, I was asked to bring plates. I should have declined but I accepted to help, spent 30 bucks on the stupid paper plates because plates from Walmart would not be good enough, I had to go to this "special place". I get paid 10 dollars an hour by the way so 30 bucks is not "nothing" for me. I feel the whole thing is a kiss-ass party, not a baby shower party.

I think part of why I am mad is because I know that no one will come to relieve me to be part of this baby shower unless I ask for it and then again they'll drag their feet to do so.

I feel used, just like when you're invited to a birthday not because you're a friend but because you'll be bringing a gift.

To improve myself and be a happier person I think I should decline that kind of request from now on. Also, to keep my relation at work as healthy as I can, I should put a big smile on my face tomorrow.

Thanks for reading