I'm in a relationship, but my personal problems make it hell to deal with the relationship or with any other issues in life. I lost my parents recently, at the same time my husband left and my brother became a complete stranger. So I am alone in the world, and the sadness and loneliness I feel is just torturing me every minute of the day. Can anybody give me an advice on how to make yourself a little bit happier, where to find peace and contentment with life and with what you've got.

I am very sorry to hear about your losses, especially of your parents -- I'm very close to mine and worry endlessly about them ...

The two things that keep me from completely losing it are prayer and my friends. Both are a source of great comfort, because talking and sharing makes things a little less scary. I know that faith and prayer probably sound a little too simplistic or superstitious to a skeptic, but for me, knowing that God's in charge puts a whole different spin on things, almost like making myself take a deep breath to clear my mind or release tension ...

If you're not comfortable with either of those suggestions, sometimes just talking to a stranger -- a clergyman, a counselor, someone manning a crisis helpline -- helps. Even if they are not familiar with your specific situation, just sharing the burden helps.

I wish you the best of luck in pulling through this down period in your life, sad.

jo anne

I'm sorry to hear about your loss too. I think quak's on the right path with just talking about it to whomever you feel comfortable with.

What about your current relationship? Could you talk about it with them?

Being lonely makes me clingy and desperate. I try to fight it as hard as I can, I don't think he wants to hear about my depression, he seems to need more space than I do, and I understand him.

PurpleAngel

Quote: ‘and I understand him’

You do??? Well what about you??? Who is willing to understand you??? Who has had the terrible loss here??? I understand it’s a hard time but perhaps its now time to react. Go and talk to someone, a counselor as Quankanne suggested. You also deserve to be heard and supported. Stay strong though… there is someone out there that will listen and help you through this time. I know how hard it is too loss a parent and even though I had supportive people around when it happened I still needed to go and see someone who could be totally objective and help me put things into perspective. This forum is also a great way to get help and support. Please write if you need to talk! WE are all here for you!

Love and Light

Purplediva

:bunny:

I thought about your words, and I think you are right. This person I am involved with, is only there when he feels like, I don't think he cares at all about what I feel. I know if something happens to me I cannot rely on his help, I mean moral support. I do try not to bother him, but at the same time a feel so lonely. I think it is not the space that he needs, simply he has no heart.

PurpleAngel

Maybe he just doesn’t know how to give you moral support or love for that matter, either way the important thing is that you acknowledge what you deserve and desire from him and a relationship and work out whether this situation is honoring you as a woman and a spirit! Believe in yourself. Have faith and whenever you are lonely.. write to us and share your thoughts. Remember that there are people like me out there that don’t even know you BUT do think of you and pray and wish you all the world has to offer!

Good Luck Sad… I hope next time you start a thread I see you’re nickname changed to HAPPY!

Love and Light

~PurpleAngel~

:bunny: