Robo_Hadoken

Life seems helplessly mundane. I have become Bored with this plane of existence we call reality. nothing fantastic ever happens. its just the same Boring set of events day in and day out. A person is Born to go to school. They go to school to get a job. They get a job to make money. Then they die. Everywhere I look its politics this and stock market that. They only exciting things that ever happen are negative ones, such as new and wonderful diseases to plague humanity, or yet another meaningless war started by politicians with painted masks.

Why cant anything far fetched ever happen? Like finding a new type of spirituality\spiritual force with tangible effects on the physical world. Or even being contacted by bloody aliens! I just want SOMETHING out of the ordinary to happen. There has to be something better than this meaningless consumer pit we have dredged out for ourselves.

P.S. If you are going to respond to this with some sort of scientific statement like cloning or super computers, I have already thought of that. Until a computer can talk back to me ( with meaningful insightful conversation)or do something else really mind bending, I don't care how many "googlebitz" :p it can process a second.It would just be the same old tripe And until I see clones at they mall they don't count either.

Life, Robo, is what you make of it.

True, most of us have been lulled into thinking that our very survival revolves around our mundane careers. We struggle through angry work traffic every morning and afternoon just so we can spend eight hours a day, 416 hours a year (sometimes more) at a job we can barely tolerate. If your lucky enough to live until retirement (age 63), you will have spent more than 24% of you life at work, 6% sitting in traffic, 33% sleeping (if your lucky enough to get eight hours!)…leaving barely 37% percent of your time here on earth for meeting your many other obligations…paying bills, spending time with family, errands, medical appointments, etc.! Buy the time we’re able to retire…IF we can afford to retire…we’re too old and tired to enjoy the little bit of time and money we have left. And many of us leave this earth having never seen or experienced what lies beyond our own back yards.

So why do we do it?

Because we are a generation of gotta-have consumers. “Success” means paying your bills and taxes on time; getting that bigger house or car; the latest software for your computer, buying those expensive sneakers for your kids so they don’t get made fun of at school; and paying for that college education so that your children can enjoy the same quality of life (and I use the term loosely) that you did.

Is it any wonder the human population, in general, is stressed out and spiritually bankrupt??!! The only ones wreaking the benefits of our social condition are many psychiatrists needed to help us deal with our mental break-downs. Not to mention the increasing number of child welfare agencies and juvenile facilities who are now dealing with the bi-products of our dysfunctional generation.

But we don’t need to sit in front of CNN and wait for the next terrorist attack---or some alien invasion---to spark some repressed emotion in us that somehow makes us feel human again. The only secret to living a happy, fulfilling life is to “LIVE YOUR PASSION.”

Whether you want to be an artist, a writer…or hire a sherpa and climb the Andes, you must use your time on earth to follow your dreams. You may never become rich, or famous. You may even have to sacrifice that college education, that miserable job, and those materials “things” that once made you feel so secure. But once you learn to let go of those ‘illusions’ of happiness and pursue your emotional and spiritual desires, you will discover the real meaning of life and be rewarded richly with a sense of peace and contentment.

But how many of us really have the courage to break free? How many of us have actually become content in our complacency, waking up to the same mundane day over and over again, merely “existing” rather than living our lives to the fullest?

When you figure that out Robo, you let ‘me’ know! As for me…I guess I’m just one of the lucky ones. After 40 years, I’m finally living my passion!

• Author
Robo_Hadoken

Thank you Enigma. I'm glad you have found a way to free yourself and actually "live". I think you understand exactly how I'm feeling. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I never really bought into the typical "cookie cutter" life style which so many have today. If you can become happy at age forty then i can certainly do it at nineteen.

Originally posted by Gray

"and if you're bored then you're boring"?

And no Gray I am not boring. Although personality does have a large effect on your life it is not THAT closely related. just because someone has become bored does not mean they aren't interesting. To say the like is to say that bad things can never happen to Happy people, because they are happy so its impossible for them to be sad. Even the greatest minds can become stagnant for a while or need a mental "kick start". So basically the only thing boring was your response. ;)

How to begin to rationalize with a mind that can't yet legally drink in America...

The reference I made to a song, is just that. Its not fact, its not my words, simply an interesting tidbit in direct relation to your post. If you begin taking everything in these black and white terms (also in re: of your unwillingness to budge on the hard definition of flesh) I don't see how its possible for you to live in a gray world, more likely in a more immature one of yes's and no's, liberal and conservative.

Example : Everyone at some point is bored. So you're thinking by me, quoting a song, I'm suggesting everyone is boring. Yet we live in a world, as mundane as it sometimes can be, that does hold excitement. So taking my words as hard truth, would be like... well taking the bible literally.

But I'm hardly the bible, and you're hardly the "greatest mind". So maybe my post was more in reference to the fact that indeed everyone is bored at some point. Boredom is an innate addon to life. We all experience it, and we all learn to deal with it.

Spouting off about consumerism and clones at the mall and whats beyond school work and death, is a great way to get rid of teenage agnst; but is nothing new, in fact its about as normal/bland/the Gap as you can be. Its a stage as you grow.

In more direct terms, I should've said "Want more cheese with that whine?"

Oh it makes me so sad when I see people coming to Loveshack with very legitimate emotional angst and receiving a torn dirtshoot in response.

Why is it that so many responders on Loveshack love to attack those who are posting?

My favorite thing about Loveshack is that I can vent and whine about very deep private things that I may not be able to share with friends and family because they'd say "Get a Life!" or "Get Over Yourself!" And on Loveshack there are actually people who have been there and who understand.

It's only the direct caring responses that actually transform a person's situation and perspective...and the attacks actually cause damage. They are not helpful! Merely rebel-rousing. **** that. THAT is boring.

So--Gray--you're 19. There is a lot of changes going on in your life. You're questioning everything. That is fantastic. And important. You will make deliberate choices that mean something to you personally. And you will make your own way.

I agree with Enigma's post. I am 33 and have recently left the trappings of 'stuff and money' to pursue my dream. I still have the stuff and money and am responsible--so the rocky road of sporatic income is exhilirating. Whether I mean that in a GOOD way or a BAD way depends on what hour you ask me.

However, the solace and empowerment and perspective it gives me is PRICELESS and it makes the world go from black and white monochrome perfunctory frazzle into technicolor passionate excitement and calmness.

It's COOL--but it takes a lot of soul-searching and emotional honesty to decide what that means for YOU--just look at where you are now as STEP 1--question everything. Step 2 will be identify personal meaning...yadda yadda.

Yes--it would be cool of something EXTERNALLY was revolutionary and exciting and it was brought to you on a silver platter--much like when you're 8 years old and your parents throw you an awesome surprise birthday party and get you a new bike.

But it's even COOLer if you can identify what would rock your world, and take the risks and manage the setbacks along the way. Lots of grown-up life is the process of changing from someone on the receiving end of things to becoming someone who generates things for other people.

It can be a drag--but once you experience the pleasure and power of generating things for yourself and others, life will no longer seem monochrome.

xoxo.

M

Ah yes, Madeline.

Wouldn't it be nice to be nineteen again, having already learned everything we know now? That blank open canvas of life just waiting to be painted with our dreams. Yet, looking back, I would never change even one of those hard lessons I learned. Each one was a gift, whether I saw it that way at that time or not.

The quality of life is not measured by its length, but rather by the quality in which we live it. And half the fun is that bumpy journey we make while getting there. ;)

• Author
Robo_Hadoken
Originally posted by Gray

"How to begin to rationalize with a mind that can't yet legally drink in America..."

"I don't see how its possible for you to live in a gray world, more likely in a more immature one of yes's and no's, liberal and conservative."

"But I'm hardly the bible, and you're hardly the "greatest mind"."

"In more direct terms, I should've said "Want more cheese with that whine?""

LOL GRAY! you are the greatest! :D Your response made me laugh and greatly helped to brighten my mood. really. I'm laughing as I write this.

First off you start your message by trying to belittle me because I cant legally drink. #1, the ability to consume alcohol in no way makes one a better or more intelligent person. #2, I'm Canadian (and proud of it.) so At 19, I can drink all I want. I know you were using it as an example of my "naive youth" but that just brings me to my next point.

Sorry Gramps, but I wasn't whining. I was merely stating my discontent with my current allotment in life. There is a difference between the two. And in my short time on this planet I have experienced more than my fair share of reality. Having one of parents commit suicide at age five. living in the back of a Honda civic (those cars are bloody tiny. I don't recommend taking up residence in one) I've dealt with it all, and more. So I'm plenty mature, thank you very much. We all have to deal with crap in our lives. Some more than others. So just because you happen to be decomposing at a higher rate than I am certainly does not make me inferior to you. Older doesn't mean better. It just means different.

And finally I never said I was one of the "greatest minds". I merely stated that even they sometimes need a little inspiration or help from an outside source. But don't worry I won't keep you here any longer by writing any more. I wouldn't want to distract you from your busy schedule of standing on your porch, and yelling at those "pesky" teenagers who keep cutting across your lawn. :cool:

Oh yeah! and thanks to Enigma and Madeline for being so understanding and helpful. Really. You guys are quiet admirable...Even if you are adults. :p (Ha! Just joking)

Hey, good I'm glad I cheered ya up at least.

As for the age thing, the drinking analogy was simply made to point out that, while you do write well, you haven't experienced all that you can yet. Hell, I'm only 26, so I have a lot of learning to do too. No, older doesn't mean better, it means more experienced.

Onto your troubled life. I'm sorry to hear about the parental suicide, thats horrible and I'm sure that was tough on you. If you have issues with that, and want to make a post about them, Mad. is right, theres some good people on here that will listen if nothing else. I'm also very sorry about you being from Canada, don't worry, it'll get easier eh.

Now, if you had started your post declaring your true problems, and maybe pointing to them as a reason for being depressed things would've be handled much differently. Instead you post a lot of angst-ridden propaghanda, that really doens't state a problem or a question. How should one answer? Like the others? You want someone to hold your hand and give you big hugs and tell you its all gonna be ok? You especially should be tired of that kind of rhetoric. In addition in numerous posts I've read of yours, you blantantly insult people then back it up by saying "no offense". If you're going to insult someone, odn't try to qualify it. Personally, I think you're a dick. I think you think very highly of yourself and look down on people because you hold yourself so high. So if you do, then deal with boredom like you dealt with your other hardships.

I think there are a lot of other people in this forum, who are nicer, and have more pressing problems, than a whiny little angst-ridden canadian punk.

instead of waiting for millions of scientists to work out the problem of artificial intelligence & THEN being impressed, why not join them and help work on it?

there are no miracles, but if you work on something with a passion, you can get great results!

have a good day,

-yes

PS yeah, most people's lives are sad and boring, but if you don't want such a life, do as Enigma said - go after what you wanna do...!

• Author
Robo_Hadoken

Oh Gray when will you learn?

Yeah sure I have angst. But it sounds like you have a hell of a lot more. My very first post started off harmless and offensive to no one. You responded by calling me boring. Whether it was through a fancy quote or not, the words "if your bored, then you are boring" mean exactly that (question mark or no). So then I defend myself from this attack, (not outside of my rites) and you respond by calling me immature and telling me that I'm simply whining. I then proceed to shut down all your feeble insults and you respond with a far more anger-ridden post, with nothing short of racial slander. Why should you be sorry I'm Canadian? I’m Not, so I certainly don’t need your worthless pity. bigotry is a definite sign of ignorance.

I'm not even going to continue this farce of a debate with you past this point. To do contrary would be fruitless to say the least. You aren't worth my time. Especially when you start with that racial American supremacy filth. So say what you like. I don’t care any more. However once again you have helped to prove a point and brighten my outlook. This may be a grey reality, but at least it isn’t a "Gray" reality. I shudder to think of the consequences if it was...

Hehehe, give in to your anger. Join the dark side. By striking me down, you only make me stronger.

hahahehe.... you boys are like little brothers...

You guys should have a Molson somewhere along the boarder sometime and settle this American-Canadian riff.... And regarding national squabbling... Heck, Yankees and Southerners squabble within our own country. The French Canadians and the English Canadians do the same thing... Maybe squabbling keeps grownups from being bored? :p

Mr. R--

Read about the Karpman Drama Triangle or about malignant narcissism for insight as to why 'perpetrators' do the pre-emptive attack bit, and how to not get your energy caught up in it.

Seriously--you can do damage to yourself and others and waste a lot of precious energy in the process that could go toward deciding what ROCKS YOUR WORLD.

No damage. Not worth it. No kidding!

Seriously--not understanding those things kept me distracted for YEARS (10 years?) at my own peril. It was not talent, looks, personality, drive, financial resources or motivation that kept me held back--it was DRAMA and addictive tendencies. Oh, how I wish I could have spared myself all of that pain and frustration and could get that time back.

Was it Bono who said "You can sew it up but you still see the tear... ?"

You, however are 19. You have a chance to spare yourself--and just go directly to the good stuff.

xoxo.

christin_123

All I want is an ordinate life,(I hope this doesn't offend you) it is so simple, but I never have any! All I want is A life like going to school , being loved and do something good to the people I love.

Do something contributable to the people aroud me. But I can't have this kind of life because I am too alone. I have no love in myself and I don't have my own family. I think simple life is good.

A simple life is good. Love is great. I hope you find love within you and with someone. We attract what we are though, so keep that in mind as you search.

Originally posted by NEONINK

We attract what we are though, so keep that in mind as you search.

Which goes back to my "If you're bored then you're boring line".

WHICH IS FROM A FREAKIN' SONG, I'm not saying it as gospel truth for f's sake.