does anyone know about these vitamins?

i am wondering if anyone knows about these vitamins and if they can cause anxiety/nervousness:

pro vitamin A 4000 iu, from beta carotene.

vitamin A 6000 iu, from refinyl palmiate (can't read spelling, too small on bottle).

vitamin C, 150 from ascorbic acid

vitamain D 400 iu from cholecaiferol

vitamin E 100 from d-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate

thamin 25 mgs from thiamin monotitrate

riboflavin 25 100 mgs

niacin 100 mgs from niacamide

vitamin B6 25 mgs from pyridoxine hydrochloride

folic acid 800 mgs

vitamin B12 from cyanocobalamin

biotin 300 mgs

pantothenic acid 50mgs from d-calcium pantothente

calcium25 mgs from calcium carbonate and calcium citrate

iodine 150 mcgs from potassium iodine

magnesium 7.2 mgs from magnesium oxide and aspartate

zing 15 mgs from zinc picolinate

selenium 200 mcgs from sodium selenate

copper 2 mgs from copper gluconate

maganese 5 mgs from maganese gluconate

chromium 200 mcgs from chromium chloride

molybedeum 150 mcgs from sodium molybate

choline 10 mgs from choline ?

insolitol 10 mgs

floraGLO lutein 500 mcgs

Just A Girl2

Are you sure you copied that exactly?

Are you positive it lists Vitamin A twice, one form of it 6000 iu and another, 4000 iu?

What BRAND of vitamins are these?

How many days have you been taking them?

How many have you been taking per day?

Are the doses of these vitamins/minerals based on EACH CAPSULE?

i have taken them the last two nights at bedtime because i forget to take them during the day, and the last two days i have felt nothing but weird, more so then normal.

this is exactly what i have, two different forms of vitamin A:

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 capsule

Servings Per Container: 180

Amount per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin A (from retinyl palmitate) 6000 IU 120%

Vitamin C (from ascorbic acid) 150 mg 250%

Vitamin D (from cholecalciferol) 400 IU 100%

Vitamin E (from d-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate) 100 IU 333%

Thiamin (B1) (from thiamin mononitrate) 25 mg 1667%

Riboflavin (B2) 25 mg 1471%

Niacin (B3) (from niacinamide) 100 mg 500%

Vitamin B6 (from pyridoxine hydrochloride) 25 mg 1250%

Folate,Folic Acid,Folacin 800 mcg 200%

Vitamin B12 (from cyanocobalamin) 100 mcg 1667%

Biotin 300 mcg 100%

Pantothenic acid (from d-calcium pantothenate) 50 mg 500%

Calcium (from calcium carbonate and calcium citrate) 25 mg 3%

Iodine (from potassium iodide) 150 mcg 100%

Magnesium (from magnesium oxide and aspartate) 7.2 mg 2%

Zinc (from zinc picolinate) 15 mg 100%

Selenium (from sodium selenate) 200 mcg 286%

Copper (from copper gluconate) 2 mg 100%

Manganese (from manganese gluconate) 5 mg 250%

Chromium (from chromium chloride) 200 mcg 167%

Molybdenum (from sodium molybdate) 150 mcg 200%

Pro Vitamin A (from beta carotene) %DV 80% 4000 IU*

Choline (from choline bitartrate) 10 mg*

Inositol 10 mg*

FloraGlo Leutin 500 mcg*

* Daily Value not established.

Directions:

Just A Girl2

I admit I'm not an expert on multi-vitamins, but I did compare the ingredients in yours to something popular like Centrum, just as a reference.

I'd have to question why there are apparently 2 forms of Vitamin A in yours.

WAIT: just checking these very well known vitamins that I bought from a while back. Mine are made by "Solaray" (very good brand)....reading the contents on them:

-Vitamin A (palmitate) 1667 IU

-Beta Carotene (Pro Vitamin A) 2500 IU

With mine, the directions are "1-2 capsules 2 times a day."

For a minute there with yours, I was wondering if there was too much Vitamin A in them, but it doesn't appear to be the case at all.

The only thing I can think for you to try is take them in the morning instead of at bedtime. If you are taking them at bedtime, you're body is likely having to 'work overtime' to process them......perhaps disrupting your body's ability to shut down and rest/sleep as it should. Make sense? Skip taking them tonight and take them in the morning instead. Sit them someplace that you'll remember them in the morning, like beside your toothbrush in the bathroom or the coffee maker (ifyou drink coffee).

Other than that, I can't really see anything in them that would make you feel anxious or whatever.

thanks and i guess i will try them in the morning instead, to see if that helps or changes anything. they are the only thing that i have done differently, so i am assuming it is from them, i don't know what else it could be.

i thought too that since they are water soluable, well most are anyway that if i am taking them at bedtime, maybe they are not digesting or what ever it is that they do, and are not being expelled from my body because i am sleeping.

the pharmacist said it was safe to take them at bedtime, but i guess i will just have to make a more conscious effort to try them during the day or early evening even maybe..

well thanks for the help, i appreciate it.

Never take multi vitamins at night. Take them in the morning with food.

Certain of the vitamins, most specifically the B vitamins, work to strengthen the nervous system and can disturb sleep or keep you up for much of the night entirely.

I just love taking vitamins and watching my pee turn yellow. That's the biggest kick I get out of them. Otherwise, unless you have a horrible diet, there's no real need to take them more than every two of three days....in the morning. You may be feeling weird because you haven't been getting the quality sleep you normally get.

you know what made me think of taking them in the morning and that maybe they were not passing through my system through the night is cause when i'd get up and pee it not such a faint yellow and i wondered where it all went, LOL.

i want to take a good multi because i dont eat very well and i thought it may help with some anxiety stuff i have going on.

my b'f wants us to go to california in august and i am freaking about it already.

the celexa i am taking is just not helping with anxiety, and i don't want to take paxil ever again, so i need something because he is very upset with me that i don't want to go and he just does not understand the concept of anxiety attacks.

however he is now willing to pay for some counseling for me to get some help so tomorrow i am calling some places and going to see someone for my fantasy of leaving him and the anxiety as well.

i thought a good vitamin may help some of this stuff but i just don't know yet.

thanks for the reply.

ThisGirlNameKD

I have taken Vitamin B at night and it has not kept me up, made me anxious or nervous at all. But I am different from you. The best thing for you to do is contact a nutritionist to find out the best dosage of vitamins your body is design to handle. I was taking one multivitamin, and it made me hungry constantly. While I agree with the others and say that you should take them in the day at meal time, I also feel that the best person to give you advice on this is someone who's a nutritionist.

ThisGirlNameKD

You can not take vitamins for an anxiety disorder. Also in order to vitamins to be effective you still have to have a well balanced diet. You can't eat alot of junk food, take a vitamin, and expect that to do you good. The vitamin needs food to work on. As far as your anxiety disorder is concern, my husband who's a medical student was saying that benzo diazepiene may be a medication you could inquire about with your physician.

what type of medication is it that he is talking about?

does he know anything about buspar or depakote for anxiety, if they actually might help.

i don't eat that bad, i eat about 1600 calories a day, but i tend to not eat veggies and enough fruit, otherwise i eat pretty good just not those things.

i don't eat junk because i count my calories and if i eat junk food i will run out of good calories and end up too hungry, so i am careful of what i eat, i just need to eat more veggies.

thanks for the reply

benzo diazepiene is valium.

I would look at some alternatives prior to going that route.