I'm going NC with alcohol!!

:lmao: I'm rediculous. But seriously, I am going to quit drinking. And i'm not just saying that because I feel like death right now, but because I say stupid things to people that I care about and hurt peoples feelings when i'm drunk.

Why? Who knows. But i'm done doing that to others, and myself.

This is going to be tough. I work at a bar where we drink while we work. All of my friends drink regularly. This is going to take a hell of a lot of self discipline.

So far, i'm 16 hours sober! :bunny:

Good for you I quit and took a drink after a year the hang over was so bad dont care to do it now.But it was hard.Good luck.

• Author
Good for you I quit and took a drink after a year the hang over was so bad dont care to do it now.But it was hard.Good luck.

Thank you! And congrats on quitting yourself! I bet you're a lot more clear-minded huh? I'm actually really excited. I just hope peer pressure doesn't get the best of me.

Thank you! And congrats on quitting yourself! I bet you're a lot more clear-minded huh? I'm actually really excited. I just hope peer pressure doesn't get the best of me.

Always order water when you go out.

Everytime I go out to the club on weekends, people start pressuring me to take shots, but I'm trying to get into fitness as a career, so working out and alcohol just does not mix.

Thank god I don't have alcohol at home.

If you have to quit enforce your own rules by telling everyone close to you that you're not drinking anymore. They either support you or start laughing. The latter you should consider cutting out of your social circle.:o

• Author
Always order water when you go out.

Everytime I go out to the club on weekends, people start pressuring me to take shots, but I'm trying to get into fitness as a career, so working out and alcohol just does not mix.

Thank god I don't have alcohol at home.

If you have to quit enforce your own rules by telling everyone close to you that you're not drinking anymore. They either support you or start laughing. The latter you should consider cutting out of your social circle.:o

You are so right! I've already told my best friends, and the people closest to me. The thing is, is that i'm sure they don't take me seriously. And I know the minute we go out, they are going to be throwing drinks my way. I'm actually considering not going out to bars or clubs unless it's a birthday, or in my case, work.

One good thing about this whole situation, is that I live with my mother, and she is a recovering alcoholic. So there is no alcohol in the house, and she is always asking me not to drink. I think I have a one-up because of that.

It's going to be really, really tough. But if I fail at this, i'm only hurting myself.

dyzfunctioned

Good for you.

I've been a borderline alcoholic for the past while and actually since going through a breakup and being down I've given it up and really don't have the desire to drink anymore.

Hopefully you have some luck.

Good for you! I am sort of trying this as well. I have always turned to alcohol to escape my problems and have fun but only end up feeling like crap. I love how I feel when I wake up and am NOT hungover!!

How are you doing so far, Erica?

I quit drinking about 2 months ago. It was hard as I loved to do shots and cocktails were always on my list whenever I went out with my girlfriends.

I still have a few friends trying to get me to drink whenever we go out and I'm proud of myself for every time they try, I say no and drink something non-alcoholic.

If you show your friends you're really serious about this, they will stop trying and respect that you want to do this for yourself and those you care about.

• Author
:( I'm sad to see that this didn't last long.

I am also!!!

I have an incredible amount of self-discipline when it comes to anything but alcohol.

Ugh!!!

I feel like I shouldn't even fight it anymore.

annxxdisaster

I'm kind of glad that I haven't found a huge party group in the city where I go to school, then again I'm not 21... If I was still in my hometown, I'm sure I'd have an alcohol problem. D:

But don't say things like not wanting to fight it! That's a scary thought...I don;t want you to have something that becomes a HUGE life altering problem.