painted myself into a corner

well aproximately one year ago this summer i had become deathly ill and my boyfriend had been supportive up to a point then he became tired of me being sick all the time. so i developed some case of agorophobia and stayed home more and more. now he wants to do things and i just have no desire to do most things that he wants to do. i can remember a time when i use to go on the highways and other places with interest but i have since become just not interested in these things and it is putting great strain on our relationship. so i am thinking of just moving to this little town and starting over on my own and showing myself that i can succeed without him and others, that i do not need him since he thinks i do and that i can become someone i can be proud of. as for the agorophobia, well maybe i am just not interested in the things he wants to do anyway and besides that i am really just not interested in much anyway, so i sit home and watch t.v. and read books, and he does too in the evenings but come weekends we run around doing errands together but that is about all. am i just holding him back? maybe i just need to let him go so he can find some peace and happiness with himself or someone else, but still i am thinking of just leaving and going somewhere alone. is it wrong if all a person likes/wants to do is sit home, read, relax and chat with friens on instant messages? as long as i feel that i am not missing out on anythhing is that wrong? ifeel so flawed because all the things he says "normal people do" i do not want to do, and i am not depressed, well maybe depressed about t his whole situation but not otherwise.

Hmm I would say it depends on how bad your condition really is. I've never been one to go out, while all my friends enjoy going to bars and doing the scene in DC, I long for sitting around and talking, having a beer at someones house. I thought I was the strange one, as most of my previous girlfriends acted like my friends.

Then I met my current girlfriend who's great! We love staying in and watching movies, playing games or whatever. We still go out occasionally to see a play, or a movie, or yes to hit the bar with friends, but not that often. And she's introduced me to some of her friends who are the same way. I only see them if i go over to their place, and you know what I don't see anything wrong with it.

So if you're staying in, because you're afraid to go out. Or lets say a friend is having a birthday party out and you don't go because its "out", you might have a problem, but if you're just into staying in, cuz hey its cheap and less stressful... i dunno, seems ok to me.