OK I am in massage school. The other week we practiced massaging the whole body on each other. Well, I received first from my partner, then while I was massaging her, I noticed she had warts on her hands. I couldn't believe this. Now it's possible I will get warts anywhere on my body she touched me!!!! And with the added assistance of the lubricant, it's highly likely this may happen.

I have read though that it also depends on your immune system. And warts seem to affect younger people. I really hope I don't get any warts from this.

I am thinking that I should do something. I mean, she is possibly spreading this virus to everyone in our class whenever she touches them.

What do you all think about creating an anonymous email address and sending an email out to everyone in our class? Or maybe just to the admissions people? I would definitely feel weird about going up to her and saying something.

Advice please!!!

Thanks....

Goto the administration about this issue. See how they would like to handle the situation. I'm sure that the girl knows she has warts on her hands and telling her might cause more confusion.

Good luck.

If the massage instructor did not notice these and did not insist they be diagnosed/treated and that the person stop contact until then, the school could be seriously liable for any problems that develop. I would also say that the instructor is incompetent.

Sounds like the school you attend is there mostly for the money if they would let someone remain who may be spreading warts. On the other hand, maybe the administration knows about this and the condition may be something other than warts.

You are very obligated to bring this to the attention of the school and your local health department immediately. If neither take action, call a local newspaper or TV station...but don't give your name.

• Author

Yes I think I should do something. And the thing is, I'm not sure if anybody knows about the warts but people who have touched her hands. I am thinking the anonymous email idea would work best for everybody......

I heard a report that duct tape, yes the air duct tape is as effective at removing warts as over the counter remedies. I assume you just tear of a piece and put it over the wart. I have also been told that one form of potato is good for removing them too. I think it was russet potatos.

I know how you feel about the paranoia of warts being spread... I think you need to take immediate action. Send a letter or e-mail even a phone call.

That's very dangerous.

BTW I saw your pic and must say you're a total cutie. Good luck with the wart situation - that would totally freak me out.

• Author

Cool. Well 'Im about to send the email to the school! Wish me luck! I'll let you all know what happens....

• Author

Here is a copy of the email, let me know what you all think...

I feel obligated to let the school administration know that (student) has what appears to be warts on her right hand. I know this because after receiving a massage from her, it was my turn to give. I noticed these warts while massaging her. I even asked her if she had any contraindications prior to starting. Correct me if I am wrong, but warts are contagious viruses which can be spread through direct contact. With the use of lubrication during the massage, this adds to the likelyhood that I, along with other students will get warts from her. I hope this will be handled as soon as possible and in a professional manner. I also feel obligated to let my fellow students know about this, although I am sure many of them do. I am still debating whether or not to contact the department of health about this because I am sure they would be interested. However, if I see that this matter is resolved ASAP, I will not do this.

Thank you.

Any changes?

• Author

Well I sent the email last night. Today in class while one of the founders of the school (who really doesn't know everyone there on a personal basis) called out role, when he called the girl's name, he actually looked over at her, as if to make sure he knew who she was. I thought "Hmmmm, I think he read the email." Then a couple of students wanted to know what to do if they had complaints. I was like "Yes! Now if anything happens, the founder and the girl would think it was one of them that sent the email..." Then, at the end of class, one of the teachers called out her name (and someone else's), and brought them each a folded up note. I thought, "Oh God they got the email and now they wanna talk with her!!!" I didn't even look over at her and got the hell out of class ASAP! I kinda feel bad about what I did, but I knew I had to do it. I wonder what's gonna happen?? I hope she doesn't get kicked out of school. Maybe they will make her wear plastic gloves? That would be really embarassing. Eithe way, something's gonna happen. My best bet is to just play it cool. I told one other person about her warts, but not that I was gonna send an email about it. So if our instructors ever tell the class what happened, this other person might think I had something to do with it. Oh well, it had to be done. We'll see if she is still there on Monday.....

Be proud that you stood up for yourself and fellow classmates. Don't be ashamed or worried that someone will know. You are doing them all a favor...including the girl. I couldn't stand having warts on me, and I don't see how someone else could...so maybe it's time that it was brought to her attention as well.

• Author

I just hope they actually WERE warts and not something else. I'd hate for her to feel like someone tattled on her :(

They could be clear looking moles for all you know, but ya know...if they are going to be in the business of touching people, they don't need to have gross looking hands.