Are you living in an area that you hate? Do you miss where you used to live?

I just wanted to hear from people who are in the same position as me.

I used to live in Manchester, where I was happy, my mum then moved to where we are now, and I feel like I'm stuck here. I don't like the feel of the place, I don't fit in with the people up here or the culture, there's so many things that I hate about living here. So yeah, I'm very unhappy with where I'm living now, I've been here for 11 years.

Tell your stories, and also, how do you plan on moving to a different place where you're happy, or even moving back to where you used to live?

I lived in Detroit for 37 years.......anyplace else is paradise.

Although nothern Oakland County in the fall is beautiful beyond compare and the apple cider is to die for....other than that pure hell.

I do know what it feels like to hate the place you live, to feel trapped, to hate the culture of the town you live in. I've lived in an uncultured podink hillbilly/gangster town all my life and it really drags me down.

What can be done about it? I'm in college for now working to be able to support myself, saving money at the same time, then I plan to get an apartment with friends in another city.

I wish I had some solid advice to give you, but at least I can say you're not alone. I feel your pain and frustration ;)