I was wondering if there was anyone ehre who has/had been on anxiety meds before? if so, what you were you on? Did you like it and think it helped you?

I have been prescribed some Xanax about 3 years ago and told by my doctor to take them only if I really needed to. I have yet to take any and that was 3 years ago. I feel funny about meds sometimes, not sure why but I know that some people can really benefit from them.

I think sometimes I really do need something even if its a really low dose of something. I've been under stress alot here over the past few months and sometimes I'm not sure what to do or think as far as handling things. I do yoga and breathing exercises, but sometimes I don't feel that helps all of my anxiety issues. I have never been much on certain meds, but I'm sure the body can get used to them after awhile. I just don't want it to be a situation where I'm dependent on meds.

So if anyone has been on anything please let me know how it worked for you. Any side effects you had etc.

Not sure what you exactly mean by being dependent on meds.

In one way you already are since you have anxiety and they can help you. If you mean biologically addicted, well, I'm not sure if that can happen, and as for withdrawal symptoms, you can take less and less each day and come off them that way, in my experience it's really easy.

• Author
Not sure what you exactly mean by being dependent on meds.

In one way you already are since you have anxiety and they can help you. If you mean biologically addicted, well, I'm not sure if that can happen, and as for withdrawal symptoms, you can take less and less each day and come off them that way, in my experience it's really easy.

Yes, that's what I was meaning...certain medications are more addicting than others..and I didn't want to find myself dependent on medicine or becoming addicted to it.

If I could possibly take a low dose of something to take the edge off of things might be helpful....I need to talk to my doctor about this I know..I'm just trying to find out who has taken what and if they felt it worked for them etc.

Different meds work for different people. So what worked for me or someone else may not work for you, and what works for you may not work for me.

I tried a lot of different ones, some worked, then stopped working, some didn't work at all, some worked but had bad side effects (like rashes or weight gain for example).

The one that I'm on now seems to work a bit, but, there's the weight gain. My doctor wont let me try any more meds, so I've decided to stick to this one.

Talk to your doc about the problems you're having, if he suggests meds, ask him if it's possible for you to become addicted.

I think if you do have anxiety, you really should give meds or therapy a try, or both at the same time.