Mindfulness Meditation?

I have GAD (generalized anxiety disorder). Coming off a terrible breakup with the man I planned to marry. Looking for positive ways to cope. It was mentioned to me at one point that the "Mindfulness Meditation" techniques were highly beneficial to those with anxiety, and a good skill to have in general. I missed getting in on the class in my area, and was wondering if anyone has tried the audiobooks and CDs that are available for this technique. I am specifically talking about the Jon Kabat-Zinn stuff. Any insight or direction would be greatly appreciated.

-Red

Mindfulness Meditation is nothing complicated, and can be practised at any time, any day.

Thich Nhat Hahn (A zen Buddhist Monk from Vietnam) is an advocate and an expert exponent of the skill.

He has written several books on this subject, the ones that springs to mind right now are -

"Present Moment Wonderful Moment" and "Peace is every Step."

Mindfulness Meditation means just being absolutely, completely conscious and involved in whatever it is that you happen to be doing right now, without commentary.

So, if for example, you're washing up, you run the water, add the soap, put the dishes and cutlery in.... and watch yourself doing it, without thinking,

"I am running the water, adding the soap, putting the dishes and cutlery in...."

Read up on Thay Hahn....

he is a walking miracle and one of my heroes.

Hope this helps.