dependent, independent, interdependent

one non blonde

i've been reading this book and i've learned about the differences between being dependent, independent and interdependent. well it seems i am none of the above, it seems that i am very rebellious and defiant. it seems that i just dont like doing things for others when they ask a favor of me unless i am in the mood too, if not then i rebell in some stupid little way. so how am i ever going to have a 'normal' adult relationship like this? i feel hopeless and defeated already and i just don't know what to do now. at one time i was independent , then i got dependent but it seems i've never as far back as i can ever ever remember been interdependent with a guy, any guy, always the rebellious defiant brat even all grown up.

i'm curious - could you enlighten me about what interdependent means? is it like co-dependency?

i've been reading this book and i've learned about the differences between being dependent, independent and interdependent. well it seems i am none of the above, it seems that i am very rebellious and defiant. it seems that i just dont like doing things for others when they ask a favor of me unless i am in the mood too, if not then i rebell in some stupid little way. so how am i ever going to have a 'normal' adult relationship like this? i feel hopeless and defeated already and i just don't know what to do now. at one time i was independent , then i got dependent but it seems i've never as far back as i can ever ever remember been interdependent with a guy, any guy, always the rebellious defiant brat even all grown up.
one non blonde

interdependent means to work with your partner not against, and not to be a burden on them but to help enhance the relationship, most people confuse independence with interdependence, the easiet way i know of to put it i hope that helped.

i'm curious - could you enlighten me about what interdependent means? is it like co-dependency?

one non blonde

doesn't anyone know what i'm talking about here?

Well I'll give it a go.

You feel that you are unable to get into a relationship with a guy because of your character. Relationships can only really work if the two people are able to communicate and compliment each other's character. If you feel you have a rebellious nature and that will prevent intimatacy with a guy.

Well, maybe if you are able to find a guy who is passive and has patience, then maybe this will be complimentary to your character.

If you find a guy who is rebellious or volatile, then you'll lock horns over everything!

How does this sound?