Rejection causes aggression and lower IQ

I don't buy this garbage for a minute. Rejection is unpleasant but there's simply no way that a simple rejection or even a series of rejections can lower a person's IQ by 25 percent as the article suggests.

I also think the research methods as described in the article are unethical, amateurish and would not be accepted in the scientific community.

This article is trash and hardly worthy of The National Enquirer, The Globe or other sick tabliods.

Rejection is an unpleasant experience but rational people understand that it is their behavior that is being rejected, not them as a person. And if the person rejecting them doesn't even know them, the rejection becomes absurdly nonexistent.

People who have a sick craving for constant love and approval probably already have a pretty low IQ anyway because it takes slightly more than a moron to understand that the world doesn't exist to build us up...that's a job we have to do for ourselves.

Note: My rejection of this article in no way reflects my lack of deep appreciation for you suggesting that we read it. Your thoughtfulness in providing the link is very much appreciated and I want you to know I like you just the way you are!!!

sideshow bob

does this mean that when we are happy and in love, we are smarter? because i know some people who have made some really DUMB choices in love.

i think whoever wrote that article is slightly deluded.

Hi

I agree with both answers to your post, with only one exception. A baby who is rejected by its parents and does not get the love and care a baby needs, who is actually neglected, in that case rejection may cause a lower IQ, because in our early years we do need stimulants (caresses, being talked too, being cared for and feeling loved) to devolop the neuro-connections which will help us, to fullfill our IQ. Anytime later in life, it will cause hurt, in bad cases might cause some psychological damage (which can be solved), but will not damage your IQ.