this is sick, my boyfriend has been picking his nose a lot lately saying that it is so try that he can't blow it. isn't there some long term affect from doing this, is there side affects from doing this to much?

Picking your nose has no long term medical effects. However, over time, the membrane can stretch making the nose slightly larger. It's also possible that if he scrapes the inside of his nose with a finger nail, the nose may bleed a bit.

Otherwise, there is no major result except that people won't want to be around this person and he's likely to die alone with a lot of buggers on his fingers and some wiped on his pants.

Your guy is a real bugger.

i also have allergies and find myself doing this alot. i know sick as it sounds it's a reality that no one wants to admit to. but it seems that when i do this my ear actually starts to ring, is this possible or just a coincidence?

Picking your nose has no long term medical effects. However, over time, the membrane can stretch making the nose slightly larger. It's also possible that if he scrapes the inside of his nose with a finger nail, the nose may bleed a bit. Otherwise, there is no major result except that people won't want to be around this person and he's likely to die alone with a lot of buggers on his fingers and some wiped on his pants. Your guy is a real bugger.

There is an indirect connection between the nose and the ear, going from the nose down to the throat where the eustation tube connects to both ears. I don't see how picking buggers could make your ears ring but anything's possible.

It would be my guess that whatever allergy that created the buggers probably created the ringing in your ears. Or if you are susceptible to allergies, another allergen may cause the ear ringing.

See your doctor and bless your bugger pickin' fingers.