anyone here going through the "change" that has hot flashes that has tried anything that has worked! ! !

i'm desperate! i went to my dr. today and she refuses to do any test of estrogen, estradiol, progesterone or testerone, or anything!

my fsh was once high at 32. now it is normal at 6. so what is going on here, am i or aren't i in premeno?

all i know is i'm going crazy with hot flashes, to me that means i am in premeno, but i can't take estrogen cause of family history of cancers, so i sit and suffer.

today i stormed out of her office in tears since she would't even help me, i'm so frustrated, my guy is being affected by this as well cause i'm awake all night with hot flases since that is when they are the worst!

i want to try an herb like black cohosh, or evening primrose oil, but don't know if they work or how safe they are. any help here would be so much appreciated, sorry to bring this to this board, but everyone here is so friendly, most of the time, that i thought it couldn't hurt.

oh well never mind. hehehe, i just guess everyone on here is "younge" then me and not going through hormone hell yet?

anyone here going through the "change" that has hot flashes that has tried anything that has worked! ! ! i'm desperate! i went to my dr. today and she refuses to do any test of estrogen, estradiol, progesterone or testerone, or anything! my fsh was once high at 32. now it is normal at 6. so what is going on here, am i or aren't i in premeno? all i know is i'm going crazy with hot flashes, to me that means i am in premeno, but i can't take estrogen cause of family history of cancers, so i sit and suffer. today i stormed out of her office in tears since she would't even help me, i'm so frustrated, my guy is being affected by this as well cause i'm awake all night with hot flases since that is when they are the worst! i want to try an herb like black cohosh, or evening primrose oil, but don't know if they work or how safe they are. any help here would be so much appreciated, sorry to bring this to this board, but everyone here is so friendly, most of the time, that i thought it couldn't hurt.

LOL you're right, wouldn't have a clue bout hot flushes other than the ones I get from riding my bike haha. I'm surprised your doctor wouldn't do you some tests, why not? She's a doctor, it's her job to find out what's wrong with you. I'd get a new doctor or at least go see someone else who's willing to at least do some tests.