PandorasBox

How many of you meditate? Have you found it to be helpful?

This is something I just started, this week. I want to get more into it. However, I have started out by meditating to music. I put on my head phones and close my eyes and listen to a meditation song. I only have started out for about 10 minutes and hope to work my way up longer and without the use of music. I started out with Meditation music because I seem to be able to focus better on that, then just plain silence right now.

Well, that's a great start!

Yes, I meditate. AND I do yoga, which is a different type of meditation.

There are a few very simple meditations you can do to put yourself into a deeper meditative state (alpha). My favorite, and easiest, is this:

Sit comfortably and close your eyes. Keep your feet flat on the floor (will help to ground you). Listen to some soothing music. Slow your breath.

Clear your mind. Then, picture a red seven on the screen. See it clearly, hold the images for a moment. Then let it fade. Bring up an orange six on the screen. See it clearly, then let it fade. Repeat this with a yellow four, a green five, a blue three, an indigo two, and a violet one. The use of the colors and the numbers puts your ain into an alpha state (what happens when you meditate). By the time you get to One you should be in fairly deep meditation.

What this does is change your vibrations.

Once you are done meditating, count back up with the colors to raise your vibrations to a higher level.

:)

Well, that's a great start!

Yes, I meditate. AND I do yoga, which is a different type of meditation.

There are a few very simple meditations you can do to put yourself into a deeper meditative state (alpha). My favorite, and easiest, is this:

Sit comfortably and close your eyes. Keep your feet flat on the floor (will help to ground you). Listen to some soothing music. Slow your breath.

Clear your mind. Then, picture a red seven on the screen. See it clearly, hold the images for a moment. Then let it fade. Bring up an orange six on the screen. See it clearly, then let it fade. Repeat this with a yellow four, a green five, a blue three, an indigo two, and a violet one. The use of the colors and the numbers puts your ain into an alpha state (what happens when you meditate). By the time you get to One you should be in fairly deep meditation.

What this does is change your vibrations.

Once you are done meditating, count back up with the colors to raise your vibrations to a higher level.

:)

Is there a point going from four to five then three?:confused:

Seriously though, how has meditating or yoga helped you in life? And what are vibrations?

Is there a point going from four to five then three?:confused:

Seriously though, how has meditating or yoga helped you in life? And what are vibrations?

Yes, there is a point of all if it. :)

The colors are the electro-magnetic spectrum. Metaphysicists believe that colors have correspondences.

Same for numbers...

Higher numbers and colors on the farther end of the spectrum have higher vibrations. Conversely, lower numbers and colors on the other side of the range have lower vibrations. Red - 7, orange - 6, yellow - 5, green - 4, blue - 3, indigo - 2, violet - 1.

For the purpose of meditation and this conversation, vibrations means your energy. You can also lower your "vibrations", or "energy level" through breathing. Lowering and raising your vibrations is essential to getting you into a more meditative state, and raising them will bring you back to normal consciousness when you are done.

Concentrating on the color and number pairings helps to LOWER your own vibrations when beginning a meditation. If anything, it really helps clear the mind and allow you to do the meditative work more easily.

Hope that helps.

Yes, there is a point of all if it. :)

The colors are the electro-magnetic spectrum. Metaphysicists believe that colors have correspondences.

Same for numbers...

Higher numbers and colors on the farther end of the spectrum have higher vibrations. Conversely, lower numbers and colors on the other side of the range have lower vibrations. Red - 7, orange - 6, yellow - 5, green - 4, blue - 3, indigo - 2, violet - 1.

For the purpose of meditation and this conversation, vibrations means your energy. You can also lower your "vibrations", or "energy level" through breathing. Lowering and raising your vibrations is essential to getting you into a more meditative state, and raising them will bring you back to normal consciousness when you are done.

Concentrating on the color and number pairings helps to LOWER your own vibrations when beginning a meditation. If anything, it really helps clear the mind and allow you to do the meditative work more easily.

Hope that helps.

I meant because you were going out of sequential order in your first post. You said from 4, to 5, to 3 instead of 5,4,3.....

Interesting stuff though

I meant because you were going out of sequential order in your first post. You said from 4, to 5, to 3 instead of 5,4,3.....

Interesting stuff though

Well, thanks for pointing out the typo. It's my dyslexia... :(

Trialbyfire

The adolescent in me can't meditate. Everytime I close my eyes to do it, I think of the mantras and start giggling.

What works for me is to go somewhere outdoors, clear my mind and absorb nature through sights, sounds and smells. I guess it's a form of meditation.

I subscribe to a health magazine I get each month. It had some things in there about meditation, and it said there was no right or wrong way to meditate and that people have to do what works best for them. I try to do it upon waking and sometimes in the evening before bed too.

ShadowU12345

yes, I meditate quite often now, actually, I did it just about an hour ago.

I find meditation to be quite relaxing and it helps me clear my thoughts a lot.

Whenever I am stressed I'll usually meditate and it will help me achieve an inner peace of mind and body to where I no longer feel the tension. It helps me forget all my problems in the world and I recommend it personally.:)