Never accepted....

I'm at the stage in my life where I don't care if anyone accepts me, I am trying to accept myself and do the things I enjoy and if I want to make changes to myself I will do so. All, I ask is for some support or positive encouragement. You don't necessarily have to accept what I do, or who I am, but just overlook it and support what I do and be positive to me.

My mom and I had a huge blowout this morning, we both appoligized to one another when she called from work, but she doesn't see me happy theirfore she feels to intrude on my life and yells at me for not making changes, changes mostly in job since I have 4 years of college I am not using due to the fact that I have a fear of rejection, and not being talented enough.

I don;t know, I guess I am crying out to be accepted, because I feel very alone and don't know what to do or have anyone who is supportive. :(

beautifulearth83

4 words: you are not alone.

I wish that we could meet and have coffee about this. Because I feel like it's so hard to find anybody who understands this.

This is what I'm trying to tell myself lately:

Do things because YOU want to. With your OWN will power.

Hold onto your purpose and GIVE to others not because they expect you to, but because you FEEL it is what YOU NEED to do.

Don't be selfish, but DON'T CUT YOURSELF SHORT.

You don't need anybody else for validation. Love yourself.

Define your OWN success. Figure out what success and happiness means to you. Then run with it. Inspire others.

Do things for yourself. Meditate, go on a trip, redevelop your sense of self.

Stick with the right people, and don't be afraid to say no to the wrong ones.

... Lately i'm really just trying to clear my head of other people's voices and pressures and negativity and manipulations and just f'n focus on my love and passions.

I'm not sure how much any of that helped, because I'm feelin similar, but I believe that you are probably talented and strong enough somewhere inside of you to overcome it all. All of us deserve to live a good life.

• Author

Thank you Beautiful Earth for your reply. Your response has helped and it is a shame we can't meet up and have coffee because I could sure use someone who is in a similar boat who understands me. Maybe my first step is to make a list of what happiness means to me and also list things that have made me happy in the past and present. This gives me a new thread idea. Thank you.