Lack of Motivation

I've been having real motivation problems as of late, mostly in terms of exercise. Ever since I was ELSed from boot camp I've tried to maintain an exercise regime, but for the past two months I haven't done jack.

It started before I totally stopped, when I also was totally beating myself up for my failings and even worse making myself up to be someone no woman in her right mind could love. True its a lie and I know it, but I guess when you are in a situation where its beaten into you that you are a crock of nothing you actually eventually start believing it, its almost like brainwashing.

You know mentally its not true but at the same time you believe it is true. Am I making sense? Well anyway, I've been sulking for alot of the time, maybe I just need a new direction and stop doing it the way I have been doing it because it just reminds me of back then.

Anyone got any advice on this? Just throwing it out there.

You sound like you have a lot on your mind … more negative thoughts than positive ones.

You may invest to much time on your thoughts which causes you to feel low and unmotivated.

When unmotivated your not working out.

Then guilt creeps in.

Adding more negative thoughts; it’s a vicious cycle that will keep whirling you down do a very low depth.

Stop thinking of yourself; take a break from you.

Get your head out of the sand and look around you.

Is there a project that you can do?

What was it you always intended to do and didn’t have time?

Did you promise a friend to help them?

Take the dog for a walk.

Read a good book.

Buy yourself a new CD something you would never listen too, some feel good music.

Not the blues or lost love music.

Visit the Veterans Hospital, talk to the guys.

Go to church.

You’re a great guy. The world is waiting for you.

God Bless

jetsetjessica

It absolutely may be wrong, but I have a theory for your lack of motivation. I went through the same thing, though not in excercise in school. It didn't interest me so I wouldn't get it done. But I discovered if the assignment was on a topic that interested me or was something I wanted to know, I would do the assignment the second I had a chance. So I think in your case its not the excercise but the routine. Exercising just doesn't interest you anymore. Here's my suggestion: at first don't try and complete your excercise regime, instead go about the rest of your daily life, but be more aware. Look for opportunities to slip in exercise. Elevator? Take the stairs. Need to clean? Turn on some music and dance around while you get it done. Then after a few days or a week of that, plan new ways to exercise that interest you. Running or situps get boring. Maybe you have a dog? Plan to walk it to a different park every week. Go swimming. Go dancing. Do fun things, and different things. I'll bet a lot of things you enjoy doing don't even count as exercise to you. If you can't think of any search google, there's plenty of lists of fun activities that provide exercise. Focus on getting out of a routine commitment like "exercise 2 hours every afternoon". Instead try making a commitment to replace some of your lazy time with active things and encorporating exercise into your schedule as often as you can. if you exercise fairly often doing activites you find new or exciting or just enjoyable, and you also gradually start replacing some of your normal free time activities with more active ones, there's no doubt you'll stay in shape and will be way more likely to stay motivated if the exercise isn't activities you are bored of. And once you start making changes in your activites, your body and mind will be in better shape, and you'll feel good about yourself and feel a sense of acomplishment which will help keep you motivated. Just give it a try, what's the worst that could happen?