Not worried about own health

It hurts me to even be THINKING about breaking up with him. But it's hard to be with someone who's not even worried about his own health...

Ok guys, if one of your balls looks different or abnormal, would you go to the doctor to get it checked out? If you had a girlfriend tell you how worried she is, what would you do?

Yes, my boyfriend says one of his balls looks weird and it has been for a few years or so. It's not painful though. But if it's testicular cancer, it doesn't HAVE to be painful. If it is, it most likely means it has spread to other organs.

I've been crying about this since lastnight. I said it could be a tumor for all we know. He won't listen to me. He thinks it's a hernia.. yes, THINKS. Exactly, he doesn't even know what it is. I'm going to have a serious talk with him again today. This is breaking my heart that he's not even worried about his own health.

He's either 1) not really concerned about it or 2) afraid what the doctor might tell him and/or what would need to be done about it.

Since you know his symptoms, why don't you do some serious research regarding the symptoms...from reputable medical websites or even your own health care provider's site? That way, you can print out some articles on what it might be and what the treatment is for it. Armed with some information, you might be able to get him to listen to you about going to a doctor.

I won't pretend to be an expert here, but I have felt testicular cancer.

Precisely how does it look? Do you mean that it feels weird or that you can actually see that it looks weird?

I'm thinking that you think it feels abnormal. If that's the case then he should definitely have a doctor check it out. Yes, the doctor will probably feel his balls and that's embarassing, but it's better than dying from a very curable cancer. Most likely the doctor will be able to tell him if something's wrong. If the doctor thinks he feels something abnormal, they'll give him an ultrasound.