tummy tuck/boob job ~ good idea or bad idea?

xxbaddgurl83xx

I am 22 years old and over the course of 3 years I have lost over 40 pounds. I feel great for the most part but I am very insecure about my stomach. I basically have a pouch that I can't get rid of no matter how hard I try. Everyone tells me that it is extra skin from the weight that I lost. I really would like to get a tummy tuck to get rid of that skin but people tell me that I should wait until after I have children before I get a procedure like that done because once I get pregnant that skin will stretch. Should I listen to them? Also, another question I have.... losing over 40 pounds has minimized my boob size big time!! I feel really insecure because of that and I was thinking of getting breast implants. Good idea or bad idea? Also, anyone know about how much something like that would cost? Thanks!!

Tim'sAngel
I am 22 years old and over the course of 3 years I have lost over 40 pounds. I feel great for the most part but I am very insecure about my stomach. I basically have a pouch that I can't get rid of no matter how hard I try. Everyone tells me that it is extra skin from the weight that I lost. I really would like to get a tummy tuck to get rid of that skin but people tell me that I should wait until after I have children before I get a procedure like that done because once I get pregnant that skin will stretch. Should I listen to them? Also, another question I have.... losing over 40 pounds has minimized my boob size big time!! I feel really insecure because of that and I was thinking of getting breast implants. Good idea or bad idea? Also, anyone know about how much something like that would cost? Thanks!!

Well congrats on losing so much weight!! I can't even lose like 10 lbs I gained w/my pregnancy almost 2 yrs ago lol

I also want a tummy tuck, but yes I would suggest waiting until after children. I had a cute flat tummy until I had my son and my skin stretched alot.

And as for the boob job, have you considered just having a breast lift?

you need to be careful. it may be a good idea to wait until after kids for the tummy tuck, and i would say the same for the boob job. breast implants can sometimes make it difficult or impossible to breastfeed. and since if you have kids your stomach will strech again then wait for the tummy tuck. certain types of plastic surgery are ok, you lost weight and now you wanna look even better. woo! and as long as you are doing it for YOU, and not for a HIM, then its ok too.

• Author
xxbaddgurl83xx

I haven't thought about a breast lift. I really don't have anything to lift! LOL I lost over a full cup size when I lost my weight, it was the first thing that went. I went from a full B cup to a barely there A cup. Its so embarassing especially this time of year!

Tim'sAngel
I haven't thought about a breast lift. I really don't have anything to lift! LOL I lost over a full cup size when I lost my weight, it was the first thing that went. I went from a full B cup to a barely there A cup. Its so embarassing especially this time of year!

Well that part is up to you. I happen to think small A's are very cute and sexy. At least you won't be saggin in your 40's. Maybe get one of those push up bras from VS :cool:

itd be a good idea to wait until after kids for the boob job as well. know why? a lot of womens boobs get bigger after kids and it sometimes kinda stays around even after breastfeeding. but also, a boob job can affect breastfeeding. itd be the safest bet that if you wanna have kids then wait. there are always wonderbras and padded bras and bikinis for the moment. plus anyone who would judge you on your boob size is a douchebag. just saying. i am sure you are beautiful as you are, and healthier too! congrats on the weight loss!

catgirl1927

I got breast implants after losing about 60 pounds, but I was 31. I can't imagine that at 22 your body won't bounce back, but I could be wrong. If your boobs are saggy, then I would think implants. If they're just small, they are probably fine, I honestly think you're too young for plastic surgery that you don't need. I know how you feel though, you lose all that weight and you want to feel good about your body, esp your tummy, you want to be able to wear a bikini. If a doctor tells you it's extra skin, it's worth looking into.

Really, you should not seek medical advice from a website. Speak to a qualified plastic surgeon (one that people recommend to you because they're happy with their results) about whether or not you should tuck your tummy. As for implants, wear your own bosoms with pride. You can go braless and not look like a slob and you haven't stopped growing yet. If everything goes to pieces after you have kids, you can reassess then but in the meantime, wear all the skinny summer styles with pride while you can.