Found my first wrinkle!

I think I found my first wrinkle today. *sigh* :( Lookin old scares me. By the way, does anyone know of a good wrinkle serum for firming around your eyes? I looked on the internet...but, there are like 50,000 and some to choose from. Can somebody recommend a favorite of theirs? I am feeling kinda anxious. :(

• Author
:lmao:....Now this is a loaded question

I already figured that. I don't care if you want to go there :laugh: ...but, I still need some seriousness here! No protein slurpy! I dont' have an immediate supply of that.

there is no tree of life...

Stay out of the sun and when the wrinkles show up just accept them..

All you wil do is line the pockets of companies that make that crap

• Author
there is no tree of life...

Stay out of the sun and when the wrinkles show up just accept them..

All you wil do is line the pockets of companies that make that crap

A_C...I am not going down easy. I am neverrrrrr growing old!!!! :laugh:

There has got to be something out there that works. :(

There is but it's only temporary. It works like a charm. It's made from the albumen (sp?) of an egg. It immediately tightens the skin around my eyes and even bags too. It's called Suddenly something...darn, can't remember the name now. Too tired to get up and look now maybe I will later but it can be found in any drug store. It's about $15 for a tiny bottle but lasts forever. You only use a drop at a time. But it works. Nothing else really works like this. Very different. It actually pulls and tightens the skin but like I said after it wears off, you're back to what you had before. Lasts several hours though.

justagirliegirl

awwww it probably isn't that bad and you are the only one noticing it.

staying out of the sun is crucial and wearing sunscreen daily on your face.

As for what to do, none of those over the counter things really work.

Go to a dermatologist and they will give you the good stuff.

MDforte, skinceuticals are good. Botox works great too.

• Author
There is but it's only temporary. It works like a charm. It's made from the albumen (sp?) of an egg. It immediately tightens the skin around my eyes and even bags too. It's called Suddenly something...darn' date=' can't remember the name now. Too tired to get up and look now maybe I will later but it can be found in any drug store. It's about $15 for a tiny bottle but lasts forever. You only use a drop at a time. But it works. Nothing else really works like this. Very different. It actually pulls and tightens the skin but like I said after it wears off, you're back to what you had before. Lasts several hours though.[/quote']

Oh thank you, Touche'! This seems a bit more affordable then the stuff on the internet and I don't even know if that stuff works worth a crap. I look fine in the morning...but, later in the day, my makeup settles a bit and makes my eyes look flabby-ish up close. I hate it. I am sure I am blowing things out of proportion but hey...who knows what will go next. I will look for this product you mentioned.

Are there any products out there that actually improve the skin?

awwww it probably isn't that bad and you are the only one noticing it.

staying out of the sun is crucial and wearing sunscreen daily on your face.

As for what to do, none of those over the counter things really work.

Go to a dermatologist and they will give you the good stuff.

MDforte, skinceuticals are good. Botox works great too.

I think the dermatologists' stuff is the same stuff you can buy anywhere just pricier! And I beg to differ this stuff I was talking about DOES work BUT like I said, it's only temporary.

I don't think anything REALLY works to take wrinkles away permanently or even improve the skin. That comes from the inside out. You need to keep hydrated, OP and also take vitamins..especially the anti-oxidents, and eat lots of fruits and veggies.

• Author
I think the dermatologists' stuff is the same stuff you can buy anywhere just pricier! And I beg to differ this stuff I was talking about DOES work BUT like I said, it's only temporary.

I don't think anything REALLY works to take wrinkles away permanently or even improve the skin. That comes from the inside out. You need to keep hydrated, OP and also take vitamins..especially the anti-oxidents, and eat lots of fruits and veggies.

Well, what do you mean by temporary? Will it last until you wash it off at the end of the day? After I put my makeup on in the morning, I like the way I look. I just get frustrated after a long day of work...then, makeup wears off and my face just looks so tired. Especially around my eyes. I am seriously going to try the product you mentioned. Think Walgreens has it?

I think it will last until the end of the day but I don't know. You have to try it. I've only used mine for evenings out. It starts to flake off after a few hours. Can't explain it. But you can always reapply it. It goes on clear..it's kind of thick like egg white and you almost immediately see your skin tighten but yeah, the downside is after a few hours it starts to kind of flake off. If I were you maybe just use it at the end of the day...or try it on the weekend and see how long it lasts on you. And what's really fun to do is try one eye and leave the other one alone. You WILL see a difference.

Oh and yes, Walgreen would have it.

Ok, I just found it on line on the Walgreens site. It's called Instant Under Eye Firming Serum by Sudden Change. And they're showing it for $4.99. That's a really good price. It's worth a try.

Update and let us know if that works for you, ok?

You're welcome toto...but I hate you!:p ONE wrinkle! Sheesh...wish that's all I had!;)

• Author

My bio-mother said she didn't get her first wrinkle till she was 55. She's the one ya need to hate! :p Growing old sucks! I'm going to bed...

Growing old sucks! I'm going to bed...

Careful getting into bed.. you don't want to trip and break your fragile bones...

Growing old is fun.. I look better at 42 then I did at 25....

Careful getting into bed.. you don't want to trip and break your fragile bones...

Yeah, Art...growing is fun. Like my mother always says "It sure beats the alternative!"

• Author

Growing old sucks... and guys always age better than woman. I think guys have thicker skin or something. :p Well, it's 9:30 and it's past this grandma's bedtime. Need my beauty sleep!!!!

I'm right there with you, luvtoto. I've noticed my first wrinkles around my mouth and I hate them!

But my dermatologist recommends three important treatments for wrinkle prevention (as well as to diminish the ones you already have over time): Sunscreen, a retinol cream, and an antioxidant cream. You can buy the expensive prescription stuff from your dermatologist, but I just use Eucerine spf 30 sunscreen, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle cream (a retinol cream), and DHC Skin Care's Coenzyme Q10 cream (antioxidant cream).

I use the Q10 cream and sunscreen in the morning and the Neutrogena at night before I go to bed. Makes my skin look and feel great, and those initial wrinkles have diminished over the months I've been using this regimen.

• Author
I'm right there with you, luvtoto. I've noticed my first wrinkles around my mouth and I hate them!

But my dermatologist recommends three important treatments for wrinkle prevention (as well as to diminish the ones you already have over time): Sunscreen, a retinol cream, and an antioxidant cream. You can buy the expensive prescription stuff from your dermatologist, but I just use Eucerine spf 30 sunscreen, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle cream (a retinol cream), and DHC Skin Care's Coenzyme Q10 cream (antioxidant cream).

I use the Q10 cream and sunscreen in the morning and the Neutrogena at night before I go to bed. Makes my skin look and feel great, and those initial wrinkles have diminished over the months I've been using this regimen.

Thanks Sophia. I will try those you mentioned. I'm gonna go broke!! I do not have health insurance cause I work at a small business. But, my daughter does and her dermatologist prescribed "Tretinoin Cream". What exactly is that? Is that like Retinol? Do you know?

...maybe if I wear a really tight pony tail...:laugh: :laugh:

her dermatologist prescribed "Tretinoin Cream". What exactly is that? Is that like Retinol?

That's the prescription strength retin-A cream--my dermatologist gave me samples of the stuff to try and it turned my face all red and peely! I may not have given it enough time, but I decided it was just too strong.

Although the Neutrogena cream is weaker and over the counter, it's still much cheaper (about $15) and I think works just as well over time. You might also try ROC's retinol treatment, which is a stronger concentration, but still over the counter.

The Eucerin sunscreen is only about $8. The DHC stuff is the most expensive--$48 for a few ounces--but it lasts a month or two, depending on how much you use of it. I estimate I spend about $30 a month on these things, but I figure it's worth it if I can look 40 when I'm 60!

• Author

Thanks Sophia...I am going to print all this info out and archive it somewhere. :D 'Cause I have a feeling it's down hill from here. I do already have a pretty good facial routine. I use about every soap & lotion that MaryKay has. It is awesome stuff. In my routine, I put about four different kinds including lotions, gels, eye creams on every morning...and a couple at night that have Vitamin A, C, E. Has made a world of difference.

When my daughter was prescribed the retin-a cream, she had blackheads. I researched it on the internet and found out that it could be used for wrinkles as well. I used it a couple nights and it just seemed too harsh, like you mentioned.

By the way, all the examples you mentioned...can they all be used around the eyes? That's my main focal point right now. Eye lids are starting to droop, and I hate it!!

Thanks again, Sophia. :) Very helpful advice.

I think Neutrogena has a specific Healthy Skin anti-wrinkle formula just for the eyes! (I'm lazy, so I just use the general stuff on my whole face, including my eyes, to keep things simple.)

I've not tried the Mary Kay products--I may have to sample them to see how they do!

• Author
I think Neutrogena has a specific Healthy Skin anti-wrinkle formula just for the eyes! (I'm lazy, so I just use the general stuff on my whole face, including my eyes, to keep things simple.)

I've not tried the Mary Kay products--I may have to sample them to see how they do!

I tried the Mary Kay firming eye cream, because everything else is MK that I have, but it made my eyes water. Before I started using MK products, I suffered from combination skin and adult acne. Being on it faithfully for a couple years, I am cured of both now. I am gonna have to find something different as far as the eye cream goes...think I'll try the one you recommended. Thanks again, Sophia!! :) Give MK a shot! It's really evolved over the years.