Weight and weight loss with diet pills

I wanted to get some opinions on what is considered overweight and different ways to get rid of some extra weight. Currently I am 5' 10" and weight about 215 pounds which is more than I should way, I'm just not sure how much extra weight it is. Many health sites put me in the obese range but I feel like I have more stamina, strength, and speed than some collegues closer to their ideal weight. Is there any other ways to determine how healthy you are besides weight? That brings me to my next my next question. I was wondering how people felt about diet pills. I hate the fact that I thinking about taking pills but thought it might be something that can add a little motivation. If pills are a reasonable way to go, does anyone have any recommendations for ones that are good but not harsh on the body.

It doesn't matter how much stamina and strength you have now. What matters is what's gathering on the walls of your arteries and what's happening to your pancreas and other organs.

Do not take diet pills. If you are to live a healthy life, you have to make lifestyle changes that are permanent. The best way to go about that is to make gradual changes. First best thing you do is quit eating fried stuff - which means everything from fries to fried eggs. And you have to exercise but you should check with a doctor before starting an exercise program. It's probably safe for you to walk but check first just in case.

pills are NOT safe! You will gain it all back. Eat right and exercise. That is the only way. You need to change your lifestyle for ever, not just til you lose weight. I work in a sports/weight loss company and all the bodybuilders say that there is not a magic formula except eat less and move.

Hey Wing81,

I am the same height as you. I'd say that based on the information you provided, you would do well do shed a few pounds. In my opinion, body weight is not always a good measure of fitness levels or appropriate size. Lean muscle mass to body fat is a good indicator of where you should be size wise. I actually train very hard and compete locally in Ms. Figure. My pre-competition weight is around 145-150. When I'm training hard this weight could mean I'm a size 6. If I'm not training, this could be a size 12. So you can see that muscle weighs more than fat and as a result, can affect your size. When I compete, I weigh 135 and am a size 2 with approx 6-8% body fat. When I don't train, 135 means a size 8 since i have more body fat than lean muscle mass.

Your best bet is to lose weight slowly. Eat a healthy diet that is low in sugar and sodium. Be sure to eat 6 small meal a day that include appropriate ratios of protein and carbs. Exercise using weights with a mix of cardio. It's important to get approval from your doctor before starting a rigorous routine since size/weight is not a good indicator of healthiness. After getting the green light from your doctor, try going to bodybuilding.com to get some additional advice and direction on your fitness goals.

If you're not eating healthy and exercising then that is the first thing you need to do.

Diet pills are terrible for you. I eat healthy and exercise frequently but I can not shed the extra weight from the period that I was on BC so I'm going to start taking diet pills. You have to be very careful that your heart stays in shape. If you do take them and find yourself having palpitations, stop immediately.

I just remembered reading this article a while back. It comes from the thyroid disease section of about.com but even if you don't have thyroid disease it it touches on a couple of key basic fundamentals for everyone. It's a good one for novices at losing weight, the more experienced set probably won't find this helpful.

http://thyroid.about.com/od/loseweightsuccessfully/a/metabolism.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I`m overweight too. And I`m thinking about slimming pills.... but I`m just thinking right now.

Reading and thinking and there are so many points against those pills!

Probably... only Hoodia doesm`t have any negative feedback? Or has it?

If you eat right but half the amount that you usually would then you will

begin to lose a bit. Put some exercise on top of that - which will keep you stronger- and you will be feeling better.

I am on the opposite end right now where I have to eat three times as much

because I need to gain five pounds and haven't been able to... but I have

to say that the exercise helps me to keep my muscle strength and to feel

stronger and healthier.

Good luck to you - we all have things to accomplish! :)

If I eat half that much I`ll be hungry all the day! I just can`t stand that feeling. Coz I can`t work if I`m hungry it distracts me from thinking. All I can think, I`m hungry! And I have to think about my work.